Red Crow Mysteries: Legion

Started by Blizzard, November 21, 2011, 06:38:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

November 21, 2011, 06:38:50 am Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:35:17 pm by Blizzard
"My name is Legion; for we are many." - Gospel of Mark, 5:9

Your extraordinary gift is also your biggest curse. It is a burden you must bear.
The ability to see things others cannot is an unbelievable challenge and responsibility. And evil never sleeps! Evil is never far away! He who has many names, has awakened again - hungry for victory and power. Can you pass the test and prove you are the one who will defend mankind when judgment day comes?

Dive into an alternative dimension alive with ghosts and demons in Red Crow Mysteries: Legion - a dark and thrilling puzzle-adventure game!

• Confront ancient evil and prove yourself worthy to the afterlife spirits

• Investigate eye-catching locations and solve dozens of puzzles

• Search for clues and follow the path

• Beautiful graphics and mysterious atmosphere

• Fantastic music and voice-acting

• 3 fully customizable game-play modes: Easy, Casual and Adventure

• Native wide-screen support

More information here.

I am in no way affiliated with Cateia Games. :V (That is massive sarcasm, I work for this company. xD)
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Vell

Just nitpicking, but it looks unprofessional if you have these laying around: you man "pass" the test, not "past" the test.

:3

That said, no moneys for this stuff, etc.

Blizzard

November 21, 2011, 12:32:51 pm #2 Last Edit: November 21, 2011, 12:36:01 pm by Blizzard
I know. ._. One of my bosses does these pages and his English grammar is pretty bad.

*fixes first post* There are more on the site, I missed that "pass" one here in my post.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Fantasist

Looks very good, but no demo?

(Love Captain Brawe, btw :D)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Blizzard

You can get a 1 hour demo from Big Fish Games. If you want to continue playing, you have to buy the game.

Fantasist

The game reminds me a little of Mystery Case Files: Huntsville, which I used to play years ago.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Blizzard

Yeah, it's in the same genre. We have another game like that as well. But I forgot to post it up the last time: "Tales of the Dragon Mountain - The Strix". Legion is significantly better in comparison. And our next game "Where Angels Cry" will be even better, featuring our particle system. >:3

Fantasist

So we'll get to see the particle engine in action. Cool!
You know what I like best about Cateia's games? The premise and the story. I liked the characters in Captain Brawe and I like the setting for Red Crow Mysteries. A competition in the underworld for who rules the Earth after doomsday. Just wonderful!

Blizzard

Sadly, the story falls relatively flat in Legion. ._. But the voice acting is quite good, especially Legion. <3

Vell

Need help in story, I will sell my services for writing!

Blizzard

November 22, 2011, 02:19:18 am #10 Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:22:04 am by Blizzard
The problem is not that we need help with the story, but that casual gamers don't want too much story. Seriously, even this is marginally enough. I think if we had one more slightly longer dialogue in the game, people would start complaining that there is "too much text" and "all they do is talk, talk, talk". Casual gamers are basically idiots. And I don't even mean that in a bad way. I mean complaining about a game having an intro scene? Complaining about the way the cursor looks? Complaining about game being buggy, because they are too stupid to FIND AN ITEM IN A SCENE? Don't ask. ._. That's just the way they are. And if we want to sell them our games, we can't just go ahead and be original and do something great. It won't work. We have to stick to a prove recipe and add changes and differences only in very, very small doses.

In comparison, Kaptain Brawe was not a casual game.

Vell

That sounds...frustrating. But it gives you a goal to work towards. Namely: Get able to produce bigger games and you can finally market to people who will appreciate the effort you -want- to put in your work.

Blizzard

Exactly. :)

It's still a fun and creative job, though. We just have to be careful while making a casual game not to overdo it.