[XP] Blizz-ABS

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 08:21:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

element

Sorry for off-topic question but blizz,
Are you still going to make that visual equipment script ?
Just a quiq question :)

Dudeidu

Great ABS script!
This is really awsome!, is theres a chance you will make an arrow and bow support too?

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Dudeidu on January 31, 2010, 09:36:04 am
Great ABS script!
This is really awsome!, is theres a chance you will make an arrow and bow support too?

There already is one, isn't there? If not, what did I use for guns all the time? O.O
Look it up in the manual, should be something with projectiles.

element

You can do anything with this :p
bow, bow and arrow, spear, flail , all of it ^^

sirsniffy

January 31, 2010, 06:52:17 pm #3004 Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:17:47 pm by sirsniffy
I Answered my own question. I just had to dig into the script a little. In any case, I absolutely LOVE version 2.6!!! I love how your party can now fight with you!
These precious things...let them bleed, let them wash away - Tori Amos

CryoChill

There's something missing from the manual a lot of us would like to know.

How in god's name do you disable the pre-menu?  I, personally, hate it.  No offense.  It works for some, and the rest hate it.

Subsonic_Noise

Put a menu script below BlizzABS.

Blizzard

Quote from: elementisland on January 31, 2010, 03:26:34 am

I made it today. I'll release it as soon as I'm done reading the new posts here. xD

Quote from: CryoChill on February 01, 2010, 04:20:54 am
How in god's name do you disable the pre-menu?  I, personally, hate it.  No offense.  It works for some, and the rest hate it.

As Subsonice_Noise said. The problem about the pre-menu disabling is that you won't be able to use any items or skills since you can't hotkey them. That's why there is no explicit disable option.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on February 01, 2010, 09:29:17 am
Quote from: elementisland on January 31, 2010, 03:26:34 am

I made it today. I'll release it as soon as I'm done reading the new posts here. xD

Quote from: CryoChill on February 01, 2010, 04:20:54 am

As Subsonice_Noise said. The problem about the pre-menu disabling is that you won't be able to use any items or skills since you can't hotkey them. That's why there is no explicit disable option.

I made a decent script mod for disabling the premenu and being able to call it from a different menu. I could make a toutorial if it's needed.

winkio

Instead of calling the pre-menu again, just add the options to the main menu.

Blizzard

That's a mod unrelated to Blizz-ABS and then it wouldn't work with any CMS. I'm not doing that. ._.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

CryoChill

February 01, 2010, 02:33:41 pm #3011 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 02:40:53 pm by CryoChill
*sigh* Now I'm getting a new error....

Script 'Blizz ABS 2' line 6630: TypeError occurred.
no implicit conversion from nil to integer

It started just this morning, and I haven't done much other than add Ryex's collapsing CMS.  This error only appears when I try to change the default keys.  If I use the original settings for 'Blizz ABS 1', this error doesn't appear.

But I kind of already have my nice settings set up, and it's irritating using the default settings...

EDIT: It's not the CMS... I just removed it.

Aqua

That looks more like an explosion without a radius to me
Of course... I'm not looking at the line and just at the error... so I could be wrong XD

CryoChill

#----------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # trigger?
  #  Test if key was triggered once.
  def Input.trigger?(keys)
    keys = [keys] unless keys.is_a?(Array)
    return keys.any? {|key| @triggered[key]}
  end

There's lines 6624-6631

Also, how do I call the hotkeys from the menu?  Ryex's CMS has a nice options setting I don't need.  I'd love to change that to call the hotkeys.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: Blizzard on February 01, 2010, 09:51:21 am
That's a mod unrelated to Blizz-ABS and then it wouldn't work with any CMS. I'm not doing that. ._.

Huh? I did it in a way that would be possible with any CMS, I use it with my ring menu and it works just fine, I replaced the "save" option in the menu with a premenu call and added options to save and load to the premenu itself.
BlizzABS is just too easy to mod xD

CryoChill

February 01, 2010, 03:09:50 pm #3015 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:12:46 pm by CryoChill
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on February 01, 2010, 02:55:30 pm

Huh? I did it in a way that would be possible with any CMS, I use it with my ring menu and it works just fine, I replaced the "save" option in the menu with a premenu call and added options to save and load to the premenu itself.

I, personally, would love the tutorial (^^)

EDIT: OH GOD!  All my posts on this forum are in this topic D:  That really bugs me...

Subsonic_Noise

February 01, 2010, 03:11:32 pm #3016 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:13:00 pm by Subsonic_Noise
Quote from: CryoChill on February 01, 2010, 03:09:50 pm
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on February 01, 2010, 02:55:30 pm

I, personally, would love the tutorial (^^)

I'll then do it as soon as this sudden state of insanity I'm in right now is over. :V:

Blizzard

February 01, 2010, 04:31:51 pm #3017 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:34:11 pm by Blizzard
Quote from: CryoChill on February 01, 2010, 02:53:22 pm
 # trigger?
 #  Test if key was triggered once.
 def Input.trigger?(keys)
   keys = [keys] unless keys.is_a?(Array)
   return keys.any? {|key| @triggered[key]}
 end

There's lines 6624-6631

O_o

Make sure that your configuration is alright. This could be a bug due to the Controls section not being defined properly.

legacyblade

Not trying to nag, but I'm wondering if you've changed whatever was keeping me from setting loop animations on an event. If not, that's fine, just checking.

poxy

Quote from: Blizzard on January 29, 2010, 05:39:42 am
No, that's fine. I suggest you use this piece of code instead with default Blizz-ABS.
It basically does the same as yours except for one thing. You can now update the Blizz-ABS version and this piece of code will be unaffected so you don't have to edit Blizz-ABS each time you update the version.

Coolness. Thanks Blizzard.

Quote from: Blizzard on February 01, 2010, 09:29:17 am

About that.. I was wondering if there's a way to call the hotkey assignment menu with a key press? That would make setting up skills a bit faster and easier.

Another thing I wanted to ask about.. is there a way to setup already hotkeyed skills and items for the player when the game starts? Such as the #s are already assigned to skills and items and the skill to be used and item to be used are setup for their respective keys.
My Project: ShowHide