Rules?

Started by Blizzard, March 19, 2008, 11:57:44 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Blizzard

Now, this section doesn't need any "rules" yet, but be sure that I read the topics and delete any irrelevant posts even if it's only half-spam. If you don't have anything relevant to post, please refrain from posting at all.

Have a nice day.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Flermza

Rules in debate, should be like:
- No religous debates
- No racist debates
- No n00b debates
- No spam debates
- No "flame war" debates
You get the idea.

Blizzard

Those are not debates. The first two are being deleted on sight, the others are going straight into spam. Eventually a n00b debate can end up in Chat.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Flermza

So, you should put rules against some topics.

Unknown

August 06, 2008, 03:33:42 am #4 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 03:35:00 am by Unknown
Perhaps you could initiate a new topic/forum asking what rules the current members would like to see implimented. Then after that a poll allowing everyone to vote on the mentioned ideas of the other members; as well as whatever basic regulations the administration wishes to enforce.

In this way you'll be offering a new topic that's great for debate for any member truely partisipating within the forum as well producing great productivity for the sites forums and polls. Not to mention the general population as a whole worldwide favors the side of democracy and might just jump at the chance to have their opinons heard; even if they're "not-so-great" ideas lol.

Just a thought..

Unknown

Blizzard

August 06, 2008, 07:55:34 am #5 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 07:56:27 am by Blizzard
Not just a thought but exactly my thought. Whenever an issue like that arises, I usually tend to make a poll. There's no point in enforcing any rules that nobody cares about to follow. Of course, I can't let them spam the section either. xD I'll post a topic when the section gets more active.

Vell

unknown I'd like to request you stop Centering your every post?

Blizzard

Lol, yeah, it looks a bit weird. xD

Unknown

August 06, 2008, 05:37:57 pm #8 Last Edit: August 06, 2008, 05:41:36 pm by Unknown
I think another decent idea would be to create a disclaimer page of some sort. A page you have to accept the terms of the forum before entering because then no one could argue that they didn't realize they were doing wrong.

And I'll try not to center everything Ulta if you'll not continue thinking I'm Blizzard  :P

Unknown

Blizzard

There are many way to solve this. I could also make a member group which I can assign members to. Those members would be able to create and reply to topics while others would only be able to read them. We'll see how the section evolves. In any case, I am keeping an eye on it.