Looky what I drawed

Started by Zexion, August 05, 2013, 06:50:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Zexion

I am actually amazed that I did this lol.
Spoiler: ShowHide

WhiteRose

Zexion

August 06, 2013, 11:59:35 am #2 Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 12:07:26 pm by Zexion
Thanks, rose! I colored most of it now. :D

I still need her keyblade, but that is going to be a pain D:

KK20

I definitely like what you got going here. Quite nice actually. :) Was this spawned from sheer boredom (from which I recall you saying you draw better that way...) or necessity (...as opposed to doing it for a specific reason)?

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Zexion

Strangely, it was a mixture of both o.o
I did it because I need it for the title menu of my game, but also because I was bored of eventing the ABS :s
So, as to not waste so much time, I decided to draw stuff :D

ArcaneAlchemy

Dude, nice. Did you learn from any certain source like a tutorial or did you just kinda get to this point. I like the use of few lines. It's got an anime feel but also something of its own. Good job.
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

Zexion

I kinda just learned through trial-and-error. Ever since I got my Ipad I've tried to learn how to make lines like this, but always failed. Then I heard about using the path tool on gimp and read up on how to use it better, and this was the result o.o All I do is draw a pose on paper/scan it/draw cleaned up lines on it. Most of her clothes were made completely on the computer in GIMP.

ArcaneAlchemy

That's cool. I've recently been getting into Gimp myself.
"Wait? Do I look like a waiter?" -Kefka

Praelium

I personally think the feet are a bit too big and that the lips are a bit too wide and not perfectly shaped, but hey!
I would also recommend anti-aliasing the outline of the colored one.

Zexion

Thanks for the feedback, I've fixed the anti-aliasing thing already but haven't posted an updated pic on any site lol. As for her feet...I mean...lets be real here, this is Kingdom Hearts lolol. I'm going to fix the lips soon I just don't know how :B they've bothered me since I made them, but I couldn't fix them. I'll try when I have some time.

Praelium

Quote from: Zexion on September 07, 2013, 03:08:58 pm
Thanks for the feedback, I've fixed the anti-aliasing thing already but haven't posted an updated pic on any site lol. As for her feet...I mean...lets be real here, this is Kingdom Hearts lolol. I'm going to fix the lips soon I just don't know how :B they've bothered me since I made them, but I couldn't fix them. I'll try when I have some time.

I think you defined the lips a bit too much.
It makes a huge difference. Have a look:

Zexion

just did this and got bored after lol! idk  how to upload it from my ipad so i had to screenshot it and upload that haha.

link:

WhiteRose

Your art is always awesome. I wish I could draw something besides cartoons. :P Haha.

Zexion

you should try! i bet you would be amazed what you could do if you followed a tutorial. If you know basic shading already, then you would probably be just as good as me haha. i get most of my tutorials and what not from deviantart