[XP] Chaos Rage Limit System

Started by Blizzard, January 09, 2008, 03:47:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowPierce

->AMF, I'm having problems with CRLS & every RTAB I encounter... When I put the RTAB script in the game, the characters cannot use CRLS... Pressing Q/W doesn't help either... Are there major compatibility issues so I have to choose between the two? Coz I really like them both!!!  :O.o: If they have compatibility issues, I think I'd choose CRLS but please recommend a CBS that would work with this... Thanks!!!  :D

Please & thanks!!! ^^

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

You're seriously telling me you did not see these giant letters in my first post?

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 03:47:55 pm
RTAB specific Compatibility Issues and Notes

And you did not see the entire paragraph below it explaining what's it about?

Quote from: Blizzard on January 09, 2008, 03:47:55 pm

• Compatible with RTAB 1.16 and a majority of the available plugins.
  • COMPLETELY INCOMPATIBLE WITH CONNECTED ATTACKING!!! Remove Connected Attacking and turn it off, otherwise you WILL experience bugs! Also remove the Consume Items Patch for Connected Attacking if you have it!
  • Disables LEFT/RIGHT selection of actors in battle, use Q/W instead.
  • Seph's slant bars will be used when using the DRAW_BAR option
  • not compatible with Chaos Drive System yet, refrain from using it in RTAB

Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->OOOOhhhhHHH....  :O.o: Didn't see the last line, very sorry... Anyway, hope you'll be able to fix it... BTW, what CBS would you recommend? Maybe at least an add-on to make the DBS look a bit better...

P.S.
Luv ya Blizz! You rock!!! (^~^)

Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

RTAB is quite popular and it has quite a wide support in the community. Though, there are other simpler ATBs that are more compatible. There is also quite a number of good turn based systems that simply have a different view than the DBS. GTBS is a good TBS and for ABSes I recommend Blizz-ABS or XAS.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

->I'm thinking between using the simpler ATB and BABS... Though my project would be more appropriate with a turn based, BABS seems very promising... Will you please tell me the topic with the simpler ATB? :plz:

Please & thanks!!! ^^

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

I don't think we have one here, but there should be a version at RMRK or Creation Asylum. Just google around a bit.

ShadowPierce

->Got a problem, some of my characters can't use CD... May I request a few possible causes?  :^_^': The other characters seem to work fine...

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

Did you configure it right? That's the most common mistake people make. (Remember that you must NOT use leading zeroes when indexing actors like $game_actors[008]!)

Holyrapid

Quote from: BlizzardCompatibility

98% compatible with SDK 1.x. 70% compatible with SDK 2.x. WILL corrupt your old savegames. Can cause incompatibilty issues with following scripts and/or systems:
exotic CBS-es
Limit Break systems
Custom Equipment systems (i.e. 2 accessories) (can be EASILY merged)
needs the 6.x version of the Scene_SoulRage add-on if you use one

So, i´m guessing this isn´t compatible even with your own EOS, huh? Too bad, since i would have used this for special attacks, and EOS for specific overdrives...

ShadowPierce

->Well, here's what I did:

1. Disabled SRS & SLS...
2. Set CDS_NAME to 'SpiritMeld'...
3. Set CD_EXP_NORM to true...
4. Set REMOVE_PARTY, CONNECTED & STAY_DAMAGED to false...
5. Set CD_USERS to [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6]
6. Configured the skills for CDS:
          when 81 then return 7
          when 82 then return 8
          when 83 then return 9
          when 84 then return 10
7. Made an event in the map with the following Script:
          $game_actors[1].learn_cd(81)
          $game_actors[2].learn_cd(83)
          $game_actors[3].learn_cd(82)
          $game_actors[6].learn_cd(84)
8. Made an event in the map that increases all the actors' SR by 50... (Copied from the demo)

And that's it... Actors 1 & 2 can use CD while actors 3 & 6 has a disabled CD but can still highlight it... Could there be something wrong in my config? Please help... Thanks in advance!!! ^^

1161-0627-9890

Aqua

Maybe they don't meet all of the requirements to use the skill?

Try making them with 9999 SP & full SR

ShadowPierce

November 09, 2009, 09:27:28 pm #231 Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 11:52:31 pm by ShadowPierce
->Still doesn't work... Maybe there's something wrong about my actors?

--EDIT:

->Oh noes! It seems that the only actors that can use CD are actors 1 & 2... :'( Here's my test map, anyone who's got the time please take a look:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/8f0hbb

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

You still didn't configure "Soul Limit / Chaos Drive Database".

And Jesus Christ, people! How many times do I have to repeat SMALL DEMO? I'm sometimes on slow networks and downloading 30 MB would literally take hours!

ShadowPierce

November 15, 2009, 07:29:39 am #233 Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 09:26:50 am by ShadowPierce
->OMIGOSH, I can't believe I missed that... :stupid: So sorry... Well, I already fixed it but I think I missed something again... Some characters can use CD but can't revert... Plus, one of the characters don't have a SR bar but can still CD... I would really appreciate any form of help... Thanks!!!

1161-0627-9890

ShadowPierce

->Just started making (slow) progress on my game again (at least I do some improvements occasionally). I was wondering why my characters lose their SR bar when they CD, and one of my characters doesn't even show her SR bar but she can still use CD. Another problem is, my CD characters can't use revert. I was planning on pros & cons when in basic form & CD form so I really need the revert. The arrow on the right side of Defend doesn't even show, & pressing it without the arrow doesn't do anything either. I'd be really thankful for any help for my problem.

Please & thanks!!! ^^

1161-0627-9890

Blizzard

Then you didn't configure it right.

Hellfire Dragon

I get this error when I go into the hotkeys with blizz abs,

Blizzard

1. Have you updated the plugin?

2. Have you made sure there is no CD with ID 0?

3. Have you configured CRLS properly?

4. Have you made sure you don't have a CD/SR/SL assigned that doesn't exist anymore? (i.e. You make skill 153 a CD, teach an actor that skill and later you delete skill 153 and have only 150 in your game.)

Hellfire Dragon

1. Have you updated the plugin? Only downloaded it today

2. Have you made sure there is no CD with ID 0? Yep

3. Have you configured CRLS properly? Yeah

4. Have you made sure you don't have a CD/SR/SL assigned that doesn't exist anymore? (i.e. You make skill 153 a CD, teach an actor that skill and later you delete skill 153 and have only 150 in your game.) This one's fine too

:/

Blizzard