Simple Script 'Shop'

Started by Rune, March 24, 2008, 06:11:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Caro Ru Lushe

I'll go with the simple & less laggy way then. But jut want to make use of the pictures of the characters thou.

QuoteI've never worked with Dvv's script before, but I'll get to it. It's a minor issue.

For a scripter I say it's simple, but for someone like me, it's a headeache. @__@

=X Side-View battlers of his sorta works funny, which is not good. .___. well, I'll leave for now, I can't wait to know of both >=3

Rune

July 18, 2008, 09:58:19 am #41 Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 10:00:53 am by Rune
QuoteYou see, one of the drawbacks of RMXP if the 16 pixels of window border. In those pics, the text starts right from the edge of the 3D bevel (which is about 4-6 pixels), but it's impossible in a window in RMXP. If you want an exact replica, it could be difficult.

In that line you posted in your last post, you could just adjust the 16's to make them smaller. It works for me.

If not, you could have a window in the background at (-16, -16, 512, 672) containing the text and have the 3d bevel images over the text.

OR. You could just enlarge the windows to fit the text area, and have the bevel images as images in the 'Pictures' folder.

I hope you understood that.
Signature.

Fantasist

Yeah, I know, but it would need images for every window which is a pain unless the pic is simple and stretch_blt doesn't screw it up.

@Caro RL:
The Skill and Item windows:
Item: ShowHide

Skill: ShowHide

I'm working on the main menu.
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

The best of freeware reviews: Gizmo's Freeware Reviews

Caro Ru Lushe

July 18, 2008, 04:50:41 pm #43 Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:11:04 pm by Caro Ru Lushe
 :evil: Kekeke, I am liking it!

----------

I am going to use this for a separate project, so, no worries much about it. you can take your time Fantasist.

Fantasist

That's good to know, but I have time this weekend, so I'm still working on it :)
Do you like ambient/electronic music? Then you should promote a talented artist! Help out here. (I'm serious. Just listen to his work at least!)

Caro Ru Lushe

:D Ok, thou, the current one I need most would be derwulf's side-view fix up  :^_^':

Still . . . . Can't wait for that Menu! <3

Fantasist

July 19, 2008, 11:17:51 pm #46 Last Edit: July 20, 2008, 04:19:10 am by Fantasist
-link removed-

Things left to do:
- fix the gold window (I need to script commas)
- script the cursor sptire (the hand pic in selectable windows)
- Get DVV's script and make it compatible.

On that note, is it the status screen you want to be compatible with DVV's script? Because as I know it, the charsets are normal for that script.

Hey, why don't you post/PM DVV's script? Or just direct me to the source webpage.

Edit: Oh crap! Aqua and Star, can you guys pretty please keep that project safe? I was so intent on finishing it up... I don't know if it's supposed to be public, that's up to Caro Ru Lushe. Sorry about it  :^_^':
Um, and don't give away the code for the Ring anywhere please, it's supposed to be an exclusive  8)

@Aqua: What do you mean about the play time? I'm guessing the font size or the positioning didn't quite fit in. My first priority is the gold window though.

Aqua

Oh my gosh!  It's sooooooo cool!!!!!!!

The playtime and time is a little off though.  *powers up*

Starrodkirby86

I would say it's pure smex, but I'm not on my main computer with RPG Maker XP and WinRar. Gee, what unfulfilled life am I accomplishing. Still, this CMS is available for the public right? If so, I may be interested to snatch something. Of course, with credit.

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Caro Ru Lushe

http://www.sendspace.com/file/od95t3

Here it is, the forum couldn't handle the Size of it !__! along with the cbs accidentally.

I just need actor 1-14 animated completely, only 1 & 9 works, but the rest acts funny. I might have to change the number of frames in it thou for each, they all have different frames & numbers.

As for the CMS,  :^_^': I'll let that to you to decide, I would let it be CP exclusive, but . . . . you created it mostly =p

Aqua

Oh this project's safe with me.

And what I meant about the playtime was this:
Spoiler: ShowHide

Good luck on finishing this! :D

Aqua

July 20, 2008, 09:46:14 pm #51 Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 11:07:35 am by Aqua
Nevermind, I got it.  lol

Spoiler: ShowHide
Name:
Aqua

Request:
I would like a simple HUD that has a background and header text and floats at the bottom left corner of the screen.  The HUD will have 3 stats that are shown with icons and bars.  The value for the stats are stored in variables 5, 6, & 7 whose value goes only up to 100 and down to 0.  I'd like to have the bars from Tons :)  The HUD should update whenever one of the stat changes.

Program:
XP

Mockup:

Other:
The background for the HUD is this:

You can put whatever temporary icons in the HUD; I'll change it.
Also, please tell me how I can use a Call Script to show/hide the HUD.  Thanks :)

(I tried to do this myself, but I failed miserably :()

Rune

I can take that up for you. I'll have to dig out Blizz's tons script for the bars, but I should have it done in 1-2 days, depending on my enthusiasm for scripting.
Signature.

Aqua

July 21, 2008, 12:33:27 pm #53 Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 11:07:53 am by Aqua
Thanks Rune.
The HUD should give me 8% completion of my complex evented pet system.  As of now, it's at 62%.

I'll be sure to credit you when I release the system :)

Edit:

Nevermind, I got it.

Rune

Shi-! Sorry about that. I haven't been using RMXP lately, so I haven't had much chance to finish this. By 'I got it', do you mean I don't need to finish it?
Sorry again.
Signature.

Aqua

Rune

Signature.

Cid

Name: Cid
Request: So simple it probably doesn't even require a script in itself, more a modification. Basically, I'd like any attack which costs zero MP to have absolutely nothing displayed for its cost, as opposed to "0". Both in the main menu and during battle, if possible.
Program: XP
Mockup: Not really needed.
Other: -

Fantasist

Assuming you're not using any complete overhauls for the skill window, this should work for both the menu and battle skill windows (they are the same window)
  • Open script editor and find the script "Window_Skill"
  • Scroll down until you find this:
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  # * Draw Item
  #     index : item number
  #--------------------------------------------------------------------------
  def draw_item(index)
    skill = @data[index]
    if @actor.skill_can_use?(skill.id)
      self.contents.font.color = normal_color
    else
      self.contents.font.color = disabled_color
    end
    x = 4 + index % 2 * (288 + 32)
    y = index / 2 * 32
    rect = Rect.new(x, y, self.width / @column_max - 32, 32)
    self.contents.fill_rect(rect, Color.new(0, 0, 0, 0))
    bitmap = RPG::Cache.icon(skill.icon_name)
    opacity = self.contents.font.color == normal_color ? 255 : 128
    self.contents.blt(x, y + 4, bitmap, Rect.new(0, 0, 24, 24), opacity)
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 28, y, 204, 32, skill.name, 0)
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 232, y, 48, 32, skill.sp_cost.to_s, 2)
  end

• Now the last line:
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 232, y, 48, 32, skill.sp_cost.to_s, 2)

Change it to this:

cost = skill.sp_cost == 0 ? '' : skill.sp_cost.to_s
    self.contents.draw_text(x + 232, y, 48, 32, cost, 2)

Cid

Cheers, Mr. Fantasist. I have another simple edit (according to Bliz  :^_^': ) if you're up for it. I'd like all abilities which are either for use only in the menu or completely unusable to be absent from the skill window during battle.