[XP] Blacksmith System (New Configuration Program!)

Started by ForeverZer0, April 21, 2010, 04:50:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ForeverZer0

I'm actually working on it at this very moment. It's being rewritten from scratch, so it will be slightly different.

Here's the features so far:

• Ability to forge/extract weapons, armors, and items

• All new ability to enchant items to make them more powerful, with option to disable this feature

• User defined extracted materials per item, or have it done automatically using forge materials

• Define prices for forging, extracting, and enchanting separately

• Improved coding

• Fix some bugs, namely the "infinite extract" one

I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Ninjason

there's only one Ninja an these are the scripts he currently uses:
* Easy Party Switcher by Blizzard (v2.43b)
* Universal Message System (v1.8.0) by Ccoa
* Active-Time-Battle by MakirouAru
* Catergorized Items Menu (v1.3) by albertfish
* Law's Custom Equipment Screen (v2.?) by The Law G14
* Advanced Shop Status Window (v2.0) by RPG Advocate, edited by Fantasist
* Blacksmith Shop (v2.0) by ForeverZer0
* Quest Log System (v3.0) by game_guy
* Enemy HP & MP Bars by Asandril
* Map Location (v1.0) by Hunter x
* Switch Checker by Night_Runners (made for me specifically)
* Redd's TitleIcons by Redd
* Journal (v2.4) by ForeverZer0
* Drago Smooth Scroller (v2.02) by LiTTleDRAgo

ForeverZer0

Okay I have implemented the enchantment system, which is much more than I had first planned on. The script has turned out to be a more massive expansion of the original, but should address all the known issues and have many more feature, while maintaining the same basic layout.

Each feature I add is giving me ideas for more, but I'm not sure when they will be added, since I have some other things I am working on, but I am leaving room for easy adding of future updates. I may even create a simple GUI like I did for CCTS someday, which will make configuration mush less tedious, and less error-prone.

Will post new version up within a day.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

RoseSkye

Know what'd be really cool? A refining store that upgrades weapons stats.

ForeverZer0

Already got it.
You can define items that can alter stats, states, and elements on weapons and armors. You can apply have it alter as much or as little as you want, too.

For your making me a map for the demo, you can have first look. It is still being created, but the current version is stable. Check your PM.

Jragyn

What're the chances of implementing "Item" creation into this system, along-side of the weapons and armor?

ie: Smithing, Enchanting, Extracting, /Alchemize/   (or in any order you feel the need for)

After implementing your enchanting aspect, and leveling aspect... the lack of standard item-creation aspect is the only thing keeping me from using this system :(
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

ForeverZer0

What do you mean? This version does have item creation. You can make/extract items the same as you can weapons and armors, hence the added configuration for it.

Jragyn

April 25, 2011, 12:59:22 pm #47 Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:53:10 pm by jragyn00
>.< I read the top and for some reason I looked over the "weapon/armor/ITEM"...

Haha, sorry.
I haven't actually tested this since it was upgraded to 2.0.

EDIT:: Derp, you a clever man, sneakin' it in like that.
Is there a way that perhaps you can setup a "shop" to have only the 'extract' option, or only the 'enchant' option visible?
ie usage:
    "Hi im a wizard and I enchant stuff." (no need to have 'forge' option available)
    "Hi im a smith and I forge stuff."  (no need to have 'enchant' option available)

Considering utilizing this system for its unique extraction and enchantment aspect, but I have another system to do the actual item creation. (May mess with this system and its leveling ideas to see if I can modify it for my uses if you can't/won't)
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

ForeverZer0

You can do that. Its in the instructions, you provide a 4th argument to the scene call:

[FORGE?, EXTRACT?, ENCHANT?]

...where each value is a true/false if that ability is available.

RoseSkye

Is there a way to change the weapon/armor/item name when you enchant it?

ForeverZer0

I actually started on that, but didn't finish it. I'll add it sometime soon. I still have the windows for it I made I think...

Jragyn

Add a fourth arguement?
I read that as a reference to adding skill level requirements to the ability to forge etc.

But even so, I can't really figure out how to arrange it.
This is what I came up with:

w = []
a = []
i = []
$scene =
Scene_Blacksmith.new
(w,a,i,
[CAN_FORGE?=false,
CAN_EXTRACT?=false,
CAN_ENCHANT?=true])

In my script call was that, and it drops syntax error :\
Am I doin' it wrong?

ForeverZer0

You are supposed to replace the all-caps WORDS with the actual value. Here is an example script call of a Blacksmith that can only do forging and encganting, but not extractions:

w = [1, 2, 3, 4]
a = [3, 8]
i = [54]
l = [true, false, true]
$scene = Scene_Blacksmith.new(w,a,i,l)

Jragyn

ahh, add a fourth variable arguement like that X_X Go figure.
Well, thank you kindly for that info.

...but if thats how that works, then how do you apply "levels" and gain said levels, for creation?

Again, lost... though I know how to make this script work in the way I can use it now :)

ForeverZer0

April 26, 2011, 08:35:13 pm #54 Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 08:37:12 pm by ForeverZer0
There is no "level" system. You could event one I suppose, but it was made to simply call the Blacksmith with what items he has available.

I'll work on configuration program. I'll see if I can get it out fast, but I do have some other priorities that need taken care of, like ARC, so if it turns into a more expansive endeavor than I first thought, I may have to put it on hold.

Jragyn

If it came between this and ARC, I pray you choose ARC first.
I can do editting and modifications of some scripts, but I'm vastly more interested in the production of a newer and well... "upgraded" RMXP like you've got going.

So don't sweat this, it was obviously a misinterpretation on my behalf, and thank you for your support.
:D

--J

Shalaren

s:
it lets you enchant a weapon even when you got 0 of that meterial.
also a suggestion, to make a failur % and a success %, and if it fails it totally screws the item xD
like, first time using the ore is 100%, second time is 80% and so on, it goes down and down until its almost and impossible, like 12%.

ForeverZer0

Are you using the new version?
The extraction bug was from version 1.0.

Shalaren

ForeverZer0

Uploaded my newly created configuration application, which can be found in the original post. Be sure to check it out if you plan on using this system!

@shalaren:
I don't really know what you are talking about. I just checked it out, and a material doesn't even show up on the "Enchant" screen if it isn't in your inventory. If you use the last one, it refreshes properly and is no longer displayed as well.