Guitar Hero (woot woot)

Started by G_G, March 08, 2009, 03:06:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Landith

March 10, 2009, 10:12:09 pm #40 Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 10:14:18 pm by Landith
You need to disable menu access
I always get an error when I try to use it

Or maybe add a pause function

Also, a suggestion would be to hide the multiplyer window when you only have 1x and then add it when the variable reaches a certain number.

Another bug I noticed is one time I hit the key at the right momement, it played the animation but it didn't add 1 to my rock score or add 10 to my score, it was weird. I could have just been seeing things but I'm sure it did this.

Also, the song ends too soon, it ends right when the last note appears but it doesn't reach the end of the fret board so I can't play it.

G_G

Well when the kit ir publically released you'll be able to control the length of songs. Ok multiplier window will be hidden than unless its x2.

i knew I forgot something. The custom pause script :P

@calintz: Yes the beta has been released.

Calintz

This is actually quite promising...
This can be used for far more than a simple minigame.

Say you have a Limit Break system incorporated into your project, and your main character is a bard; you could make him play a song(Very short most likely) and depending on the %note hit rate, the chance of hitting the enemy, and the damage will increase. XD

That would be very interesting!!

Starrodkirby86

Indeed Calintz, that would be an interesting and innovative concept to add unto the game. However, something like that must not break the heat of action in battle, so it has to be executed extremely quickly. Not only that the rhythm better be jammed in instead of random letters. :P

Here's the optimized music files Game_Guy; you just had to sign off one minute after it's done...(Virtually):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zay3wk

What's osu!? It's a rhythm game. Thought I should have a signature with a working rank. ;P It's now clickable!
Still Aqua's biggest fan (Or am I?).

Chaze007

Just a heads up, we'll probably release V 1.0 soon, and I'm in charge of the graphics department..eventually this thing will be updated time to time, expect it to be something kinda big.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Landith

Alright game_guy that was all the bugs I could find and I searched for bugs in game for about an hour.

Good luck with this :)
So far I like it

Tazero

:^_^': I wanna be a bass hero.
*Wants to test too*

If you were a fish...

Chaze007

Well me and GG are going to make some MEGA changes from the beta..hopefully..

FYI, there will be a "Select Guitar" and every guitar will have their own unique fretboards.
Always I Wanna Be With You! Make Believe With You!

Tazero

If you were a fish...

Diokatsu

Quote from: Starrodkirby86 on March 10, 2009, 11:04:22 pm
Indeed Calintz, that would be an interesting and innovative concept to add unto the game. However, something like that must not break the heat of action in battle, so it has to be executed extremely quickly. Not only that the rhythm better be jammed in instead of random letters. :P

Here's the optimized music files Game_Guy; you just had to sign off one minute after it's done...(Virtually):
http://www.sendspace.com/file/zay3wk

That reminds me of a DBZ thing, when you do the Fusion Dance in Budokai II, or maybe others. i can't say because I only played II. It's a "nice" concept, but it's also not plausible seeing as the bugs haven't been worked out. You also NEED an edit function to sync songs. The only way Calintz's concept would work is if you actually put some way to make songs. I gave you all the open-source games, so use them for conceptual processes.

fugibo

So... I'm not very good at Audio stuff, but in theory it wouldn't be that hard to program (most likely in C) a system that automatically makes charts based on amplitude and period, would it?

tSwitch

Quote from: Ann Boleyn on April 13, 2009, 04:57:04 pm
So... I'm not very good at Audio stuff, but in theory it wouldn't be that hard to program (most likely in C) a system that automatically makes charts based on amplitude and period, would it?

Audiosurf

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: tSwitch.us | Twitter | Tumblr

fugibo

Yes, I know about audiosurf, but I meant GH style charts.

Diokatsu

Quote from: NAMKCOR on April 16, 2009, 12:04:46 pm
Quote from: Ann Boleyn on April 13, 2009, 04:57:04 pm

Audiosurf

Bad example! XD Audiosurf sucks.

fugibo

If you took away the S-word, would it? I only played it for around 20 seconds.

acrox999

WOW! I p0wn GH. 8) This is good. Nice job.

karldaylo

aw darn.. the link is dead... i would to make it a try...  :P
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt

ForeverZer0

Quote from: WhiteRose on April 25, 2011, 12:59:27 am
fthmdg hasn't been been active for quite some time. Please pay attention to the warning when posting in old topics - do a little research into whether your post is really going to be relevant and likely to be viewed by the intended recipient before posting it.

This. Although GG is still active, so I guess its okay.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

G_G

It wasn't that great anyways. I guess I can do a new version....later of course after I fix some of my other stuff.

karldaylo

AWESOME! lookin forward to it

anyways i have a question... can this be used as minigame for a certain game? if not... im gonna fool my friends that i realeased a demo for my game (which is actually no related to my game XD)
RESPECT LIST:Blizzard, Game_guy, Foreverzer0, Winkio, Nathmatt