Fats and cardiovascular health

Started by Ranquil, March 23, 2014, 04:15:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranquil

Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Blizzard

I'm not familiar with medicinal technical terms or what any of those numbers means, but am I going right in the assumption that this article says that there is no evidence that the consumption of various fats leads to cardiovascular diseases?
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ryex

no, it says that current evidence does not support the "good and bad fats" idea. that saturated fats and poly unsaturated fats do not act as common belief says.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Ranquil

Quote from: Blizzard on March 23, 2014, 04:59:29 am
I'm not familiar with medicinal technical terms or what any of those numbers means, but am I going right in the assumption that this article says that there is no evidence that the consumption of various fats leads to cardiovascular diseases?

"Current evidence does not clearly support cardiovascular guidelines that encourage high consumption of polyunsaturated fatty acids and low consumption of total saturated fats."
Quote from: Some guy on FacebookLife is like a penis. It's short but it feels so long when it gets hard.

Quote from: Steven WinterburnBefore you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.

Blizzard

Aha, I seem to have misunderstood that. Well, saturated fats have been linked to cardiovascular diseases in the past. But then again, 90% of all medical research is biased bullshit.

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

Ranquil

Quote from: Blizzard on March 24, 2014, 02:02:07 am
Aha, I seem to have misunderstood that. Well, saturated fats have been linked to cardiovascular diseases in the past. But then again, 90% of all medical research is biased bullshit.

Also, science advances.

Ryex

Quote from: Ranquil on March 24, 2014, 06:43:39 am
Quote from: Blizzard on March 24, 2014, 02:02:07 am

Also, science advances.

I call bullshit. the medical and specifically the pharmaceutical field are almost exclusive in their suffrage of this problem. all the the fields can't make profit of lies because there is no placiebo effect involved.
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

Blizzard

March 24, 2014, 04:23:02 pm #7 Last Edit: March 24, 2014, 04:29:05 pm by Blizzard
No, no, it's not about lying. It's about using selective data, selective circumstances for the studies and not understanding the difference between "significant" and "important" correlation. A significant correlation is when you put two things together and say they are connected just because they correlate. An important correlation is when they actually are connected. e.g. Just because ice consumption and murder both increase in summer (significant correlation), doesn't mean they are connected or influence each other (important correlation).

There's a shitload more. Feel free to read up on it, they explained this much better: http://www.cracked.com/article_20789_6-shocking-studies-that-prove-science-totally-broken.html

I know Cracked isn't a "trustworthy source" (heck, they don't even consider themselves journalists), but if trustworthy sources are bullshit, somebody from the outside obviously would have to point that out.