[XP] Element Attack Armors

Started by G_G, February 22, 2010, 10:30:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

G_G

Try this link.
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?ngzlty4ztee

And I dont understand why yours isnt working but mine is.

Jragyn

v.v I modified a single term in your script and just replaced the G777 with DerWulfman's variation of the multi-slot equip, and it works just dandy.

No worries, Game_Guy, I found a way to make it work. :]

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

G_G

K cool. Thats probably why it wasn't working you used a modified version. Well glad its working now.

Jragyn

Well, the curious part was that I -wasn't- using a modified version. I was using a non-editted version of Guillaume777 Multi-slot script.

The fix was done by these steps:
1.) downloaded the DerWolfman's make of G777 (meaning: same purpose as G777, but Derwolfman wrote his own script that does the same).

2.) changed the line 'if defined? (G7_MS_MOD) to (MSlots) (the module that is used for DerWolfman's)

3.) viola. finished. gloat in glory with success!

--JeR
A bright light can either illuminate or blind, but how will you know which until you open your eyes?

Shining Riku

Hey, Jragyn, if it isn't too much, could you tell me where you found Derwolfman's script? I've been having the same elemental issue, and I came here hoping there was a solution for it.

It seems like the fix is easy enough, but I'd really appreciate some help.

and this is an AWESOME script G_G! I love how you keep making stuff that I could only dream about, First strike states and changing elemental attacks? Now I can do this stuff in my games too now!  :D

Thanks guys, big time. If it isn't a bother, if I get any script ideas i'll let you know, G_G? I guess maybe you could work with them, I just don't want to be bothersome is all  :(
-Shining Riku-

Jragyn

well, I think I found it on the rmvxp.whatever site but it looks like it's currently down for...maintanence.

So here, I just copy-pasted them out of my editor into some text files.
Remember, they all need their own page in the Script Editor in the order I listed them. (I hope lol)

http://www.sendspace.com/file/zscrcp

And of course, I didn't write these by any means, so all credit goes to mister DW.

--JeR

PS_Forgive me if they are altered slightly. I may have modified them a bit in order to functionalize them for my purposes. If they are retarded for you, lemme know and I'll see if I cannot fix them.

Shining Riku

Naw, they should be fine!  :haha:

Thanks so much! And yup, I'll give DerVVulfman credit for his work of course.

Again thank you for your time. Good work on finding fixes for the scripts!

Shining Riku

April 16, 2010, 04:28:14 pm #27 Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:31:15 pm by Shining Riku
Hey Game_Guy, I tested the issue with the script, and what it does is it overwrites the weapon's elemental properties. It doesn't reset that weapon's elements after the ring is reset, and it continues adding Fire, fire, fire until you've got fire to the power of infinity.

It works fine when weapons are unequipped, but once you equip a weapon with the element changing armor, that weapon is permanently labeled a fire weapon (or whatever element you use.)

I can show you all of what i've done if you like, but all I did in your demo was set another armor piece besides the shield to the fire element, and then equipped it. Every time I talked to the guy with the script code for showing what elements the first actor had for his attack, it kept adding those elements, and the window I was reading read, "[1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4]" or something like that. It kept adding the elements on somehow.

And unfortunately I couldn't get that script you sent me to work, Jragyn, but that's allright.

I'm just trying to help debug stuff here. I would really like to see this work, it is a freaking awesome idea!
I hope i'm helping at least a little bit...
-Shining Riku-

G_G

The thing is that its not my script doing it. My code works perfectly and always resets the elements for it calls a method from the default scripts.

So it has to be a different script you're using.