{RESOLVED} question about attacking using Blizz-ABS

Started by reddevil, January 29, 2008, 05:22:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

reddevil

so I have RPGmaker XP and i downloaded Blizz-ABS Version: 1.89 and i am tring to get the animated fights to work. So first I'll go through the steps i have done so you can tell me what i've done right wrong or missed.
i set the follow scripts to true.
ACTOR_ACTION_SPRITES = true
        ENEMY_ACTION_SPRITES = true
        ACTOR_SKILL_SPRITES = true
       ENEMY_SKILL_SPRITES = true
       WEAPON_SPRITES = true
my main char's name is jacob trill, so i have the following files inside of graphics\characters
jacob_trill.png, jacob_trill_atk0.png, jacob_trill_atk0_shortsword.png, jacob_trill_def.png, jacob_trill_itm.png, jacob_trill_jmp.png, jacob_trill_skl

OK def,itm, jmp, and skl are all copies of the main picture. atk0 is a copy of the one from chronicles of sir lagalot that i renamed and but my char pic over to make sure i spaced them right.
atk0_shortsword is a copy of the one from chronicles of sir lag again.
i then copied the shortsword icon into the correct folder.

inside of database i changed the bronze sword icon to the shortsword.

after all this i get the following error:
Unable to find file graphics/characters/jacob_trll_atk0_shortsword

other problems:
when i press the defend button (L) the char icon disappears.

and enemies just move around and don't attack

Sorry this is so long as you can tell i don't know that much about scripting yet. Thanks for any help.

winkio

January 29, 2008, 06:44:51 pm #1 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 06:53:03 pm by winkio
Quoteafter all this i get the following error:
Unable to find file graphics/characters/jacob_trll_atk0_shortsword

according to your error, you spelled trill wrong - you left out the 'i'.  This could have been in the original Jacob_trill.png file.
If everything is spelled right, make sure the sprite is in the right folder and named correctly.

Quotewhen i press the defend button (L) the char icon disappears.

what icon?  explain this more.
If you mean that your character disappears, it is probably because your sprite for jacob_trill_def.png is empty.  It should include the shield AND the character.

Quoteand enemies just move around and don't attack

Have you named them as enemies? (include "\e6" or "\e1" in the name of the event (6 and 1 are the numbers of the enemy in the database))
Have you made their attack spritesets?
Have you made attack an action for them in the database? (bottom window in the enemies section in the database)

reddevil

ok the file is spelled right i just missed the "i" when i typed it here. all the files are in graphics\characters

yes my character disappears. jacob_trill_def.png has the character but i haven't added a shield to  it yet, so i figure it should still show just the character.

yes there named goblin \e[2] and they move around. now before i started working on the weapon animations and action animations i could attack them and they would take damage and die when i did enough. and if i backed them into a corner they would then attack back. Yes they have attack actions in the database.

Thanks for your help

winkio

January 29, 2008, 07:39:12 pm #3 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 07:41:48 pm by winkio
you are missing a character set!

you need to add in jacob_trill_shortsword.png

and because enemy_action sprites is enabled, your going to need to make enemy_atk0.png, or whatever attack they are using.

if none of those work, then there is probably something different with the 1.89 script.  it is not exactly stable.  For now, I would reccomend using 1.73, which is stable, just to continue your development.

Sorry, but im not too familiar with the new AI, so I have no idea whats going on with the enemies.
Same thing with the defending glitch.

reddevil

I have each of those in there, where can i download the 1.73 from so I can see if that works for me thanks

winkio

January 29, 2008, 08:09:11 pm #5 Last Edit: January 29, 2008, 08:11:27 pm by winkio
It is at this link (which i stole off of the Blizz ABS post (in the script database)
note that the AI are much easier in this version, and will act differently than in 1.8 or 1.89.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/z3iyzv

you should check out the Blizz-ABS post to see any compatibility errors there might be (SDK):
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=106.0

reddevil

winkio

good.  That means its probably a glitch with version 1.89 of the script.

Blizzard, i would tell you to look into this, but you probably already have and fixed it.