Moment Studios Concept

Started by winkio, February 07, 2014, 04:44:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

winkio

February 07, 2014, 04:44:41 pm Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 05:00:38 pm by winkio
Had a quick concept that I thought I'd get some feedback on.  Here is the basic idea:

Spoiler: ShowHide

In a title screen or credits, there would be a jumble of pixels moving randomly, and then time would slow down and the logo would form, hold for a few seconds, and then time would speed back up.
So it's like a momentary snapshot of randomness.

Ryex

That's a really cool idea. it would be rally cool if in the particle animations there was some indication to illustrate the Physics definition of Moment. ie. a trace line indicating each particles moment to some surface that cuts through the word when it forms?
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

WhiteRose

I like it. :) It's a really cool idea.

Blizzard

I also like the simplistic design. I only think that you should move the "Studios" up closer to "Moment", that's all.
Check out Daygames and our games:

King of Booze 2      King of Booze: Never Ever
Drinking Game for Android      Never have I ever for Android
Drinking Game for iOS      Never have I ever for iOS

Quote from: winkioI do not speak to bricks, either as individuals or in wall form.

Quote from: Barney StinsonWhen I get sad, I stop being sad and be awesome instead. True story.

ShadowPierce

Kind of reminds me of the Playstation 2 start-up. (at least from what I imagine)

Sounds pretty good, nevertheless.

Spoiler: ShowHide
Quote from: Blizzard on February 16, 2011, 03:44:48 pmThere you go. It's the proof that SDK is crap. It's incompatible with itself.
3DS Friend Code: ShowHide
1161-0627-9890

PhoenixFire

I like it, and the description of the animation sounds pretty good too.
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on July 01, 2011, 02:42:19 amNext off, how to create a first person shooter using microsoft excel.

Quote from: Zeriab on September 09, 2011, 02:58:58 pm<Remember when computers had turbo buttons?

winkio

I made a quick test for the animation.  The timing isn't quite right, and I might need to add more particles at some point, but at least the core concept is implemented.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-gvBNVSPC2xM0VPVG9NZ0Q5SGc/edit?usp=sharing