[XP] MAWS - Modified Advanced Weather Script

Started by Agckuu Coceg, February 26, 2010, 02:01:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteRose

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 09, 2010, 07:41:38 am
Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on April 08, 2010, 11:59:06 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on April 08, 2010, 08:21:41 pm
The script is fantastic! Great work! But....

Why is it in .docx format? Wouldn't simple .txt or even just putting it in code tags be easier?

Well, I could have done this in *txt... Just did a *docx.

And in the code, I could not place because the script is huge, and does not fit in the message.

1. I don't have anything to open docx.
2. You could use a spoiler and a script tag.

Anyways, this looks like a great script, but I can't try it out since it's in the docx format. >.>

Google Docs can open it, or OpenOffice, if you don't have Microsoft Office. Still, I do usually expect scripts in code tags or as a .txt file. If you'd like, Agckuu Coceg, I could convert it for you and reupload it.

Subsonic_Noise

Quote from: WhiteRose on April 09, 2010, 11:27:49 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 09, 2010, 07:41:38 am
Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on April 08, 2010, 11:59:06 pm
Quote from: WhiteRose on April 08, 2010, 08:21:41 pm
The script is fantastic! Great work! But....

Why is it in .docx format? Wouldn't simple .txt or even just putting it in code tags be easier?

Well, I could have done this in *txt... Just did a *docx.

And in the code, I could not place because the script is huge, and does not fit in the message.

1. I don't have anything to open docx.
2. You could use a spoiler and a script tag.

Anyways, this looks like a great script, but I can't try it out since it's in the docx format. >.>

Google Docs can open it, or OpenOffice, if you don't have Microsoft Office. Still, I do usually expect scripts in code tags or as a .txt file. If you'd like, Agckuu Coceg, I could convert it for you and reupload it.

I only have an older open office version and an internet connection which makes downloads bigger than 5mb impossible.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 09, 2010, 11:53:35 am

I only have an older open office version and an internet connection which makes downloads bigger than 5mb impossible.

I have absolutely the same problem... This is shit.

Okay, persuaded. I rewrote the script in text *txt. Link to it now stands in place of the old link *docx.
I'm not retarded, but I'm busy. Sorry for patience.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: Agckuu Coceg on April 13, 2010, 01:21:53 am
Quote from: Subsonic_Noise on April 09, 2010, 11:53:35 am

I have absolutely the same problem... This is shit.

Okay, persuaded. I rewrote the script in text *txt. Link to it now stands in place of the old link *docx.

Guys, someone will post a demo of other file exchangers? And the fact that, long ago there was Professor Legacyblade being...

WhiteRose

Agckuu Coceg

ForeverZer0

I have a favor to ask of you. I'm writing a script right now that uses weather changing, etc.
I was wondering if you could add a global variable in MAWS so I can add compatibility for this script that uses the 'variation' for weather.

Just add something like this:

$maws = 1.2

I'm gonna add it to my weather script as well, but I can easily add compatibility with your script if that line of code is somewhere in the script. Thanks!
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: ForeverZero on May 05, 2010, 07:13:34 pm
I have a favor to ask of you. I'm writing a script right now that uses weather changing, etc.
I was wondering if you could add a global variable in MAWS so I can add compatibility for this script that uses the 'variation' for weather.

Just add something like this:

$maws = 1.2

I'm gonna add it to my weather script as well, but I can easily add compatibility with your script if that line of code is somewhere in the script. Thanks!

This global variable is already has in script, though it is called:

$modified_aws = 1.2

So no problem.

ForeverZer0

QuoteThis global variable is already has in script, though it is called:

Code:
$modified_aws = 1.2
So no problem.

:P
Sorry! I didn't even double-check first.
I managed to get around it in the end anyway, but thank you.
I am done scripting for RMXP. I will likely not offer support for even my own scripts anymore, but feel free to ask on the forum, there are plenty of other talented scripters that can help you.

Agckuu Coceg

Quote from: ForeverZero on May 12, 2010, 06:24:48 pm
QuoteThis global variable is already has in script, though it is called:

Code:
$modified_aws = 1.2
So no problem.

:P
Sorry! I didn't even double-check first.
I managed to get around it in the end anyway, but thank you.

No thanks. And I see your work, this is best, heh.  :evil:

The Niche

*Necroposts like the bastard he really is*
Coceg, who I love so very much, is there a script call for stopping a particular weather type?
Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!

ForeverZer0

Quote from: The Niche on October 21, 2010, 05:00:08 pm
*Necroposts like the bastard he really is*
Coceg, who I love so very much, is there a script call for stopping a particular weather type?

* Is not but Coceg, but answers anyway since he wrote the script.*

Just change the weather.
$game_screen.weather(TYPE, POWER, DURATION)
or
$game_screen.weather_type = WHATEVER

though you will need to make the an attr_accessor for @weather_type if I'm not mistaken.

The Niche

Level me down, I'm trying to become the anti-blizz!
Quote from: winkio on June 15, 2011, 07:30:23 pm
Ah, excellent.  You liked my amusing sideshow, yes?  I'm just a simple fool, my wit entertains the wise, and my wisdom fools the fools.

I'm like the bible, widely hated and beautifully quotable.

Dropbox is this way, not any other way!