Makefile

Started by nathmatt, August 02, 2011, 09:00:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nathmatt

ok after searching i found out to run makefile i need to install something where do i it ?
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

nathmatt

bump where do i get make ??? i try to use the make command but it says it doesn't exist
Join Dead Frontier
Sorry, I will no longer be scripting for RMXP. I may or may not give support for my scripts. I don't have the will to script in RGSS anymore.
My script

Ryex

I'm not sure, it's a commandline utility to automate build operations and I think it is mainly used in unix systems. I'm not even sure if you can get it on a PC
I no longer keep up with posts in the forum very well. If you have a question or comment, about my work, or in general I welcome PM's. if you make a post in one of my threads and I don't reply with in a day or two feel free to PM me and point it out to me.<br /><br />DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is.<br />

G_G

It needs to be setup manually. You need a make.bat. Then you need a "explore.bat", have it set path variables, run the explore.bat, travel to you rmakefile and type in make. When I used to mess around with the PSP SDK we had our .bat file like this.
set path=%path%;C:\pspdev\bin
set PSPSDK=C:\pspdev\psp\sdk
cmd

In the bin folder was the make.bat.

nathmatt

August 06, 2011, 06:39:39 am #4 Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 09:28:27 pm by nathmatt
well what im trying to do is make a c ruby extension and everything i read about compiling it says you have to use make if i try to get Dev C to use the make file it gives me a bunch of errors how are you doing it in arc and the ruby.h when i add #include <ruby.h> it says can't be found if i add that file to the project folder then config.h can't be found

edit it might of helped if i got the ruby development pack  :facepalm:
edit never mind that didnt help
Join Dead Frontier
My script

nathmatt

well im use dev-c to make my ruby extensions when i use the generated makefile i get an error when compiling
i have been using this example code i found http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23790745/extension-code.tar.gz
Join Dead Frontier
My script