MCES - Error when Saving

Started by Barabian, December 01, 2021, 06:13:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Barabian

December 01, 2021, 06:13:01 am Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 02:28:06 am by KK20
Split topic from XPA - KK20

I have a compatibility problem with the Nathmatt MCES script. The error occurs while saving the game: no marshall_dump is defined for class MCES::Msg_Sprite. I don't know what to do with it.

MCES link

KK20

Did you confirm this isn't a problem in XP? Are you using other scripts that affect save data? I'll take a look later today.

Other Projects
RPG Maker XP Ace  Upgrade RMXP to RMVXA performance!
XPA Tilemap  Tilemap rewrite with many features, including custom resolution!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: 8310-1917-5318
Discord: KK20 Tyler#8901

Join the CP Discord Server!

Barabian

Yes i am sure. I checked on a clean project, only XPA + Mouse Controller by Blizzard v2.3 + MCES v1.74

KK20

I am unable to reproduce the issue in both XP and XPA. Send me your Scripts.rxdata file.

Other Projects

KK20

Issue is caused by Game_Event having an instance variable containing a Sprite object. This Sprite is only created when the \msg[Name] command is used in MCES.

Overall, the script is poorly designed and should be rewritten. I managed to at least remove the instance variable from Game_Event and have Sprite_Character be solely responsible for it, as it should.

For whatever reason, CP screams at me for a hacking attempt when posting the script, so pastebin link it is...
https://pastebin.com/raw/zRqc9R0r

Other Projects

Barabian