This is my first time on the forums, so first of Hi. Alright, whenever I play test my game i get this error.
(http://[IMG]http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x443/matt95688/Untitled.png)[/img]
This is your first time on the forums, so welcome. You messed up your image tag so I'll fix it for you. :3 (Oh and don't take my mimicking to offense, I was just being a sarcastic ass.)
Quote from: mattertatter on July 11, 2011, 06:02:52 pm
(http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x443/matt95688/Untitled.png)
This is more of an RMX-OS error. You are using RMX-OS I take it right?
yeah im using RMX-OS with RPG Maker XP, and thank you for fixin my image lol I'm a noob.
You either don't have the newest version of RMX-OS or the wrong script order it seems.
Check this.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,23.0.html
Ok so I looked at that topic and reordered my scripts. Now when i start the server Localhost the game just closes. Never mind I fixed it.
And now it wont move past the loading screen....
Your server isn't properly running then.
how can i fix that, the console box says it is running. It says no extensions found when i have like 5 in the extensions folder. If it is easier will you can contact me at http://dragonsiege.chatango.com/
Did you add the extensions to the cfg.ini?
no, could you give me an example of what it would look like?
This is what my extension part used to look like a long time ago.
EXTENSIONS = ['ATES','GSV','UL','SL'
]
Basically, you put into the array the names of the different extensions. Ex. You get the ATES extension and name the file ATES.rb. Then put 'ATES' in the config.
thanks that helped and the game is working, my last question is how do i make it so more people can play, its set to local host so only I can play on it. When i set it to my ip address it wont let anyone connect even me it says offline, help would be appreciated
Go to the command prompt, type in ipconfig, look for your IPv4 address, use that in cfg.ini, go to whatismyip.com get that IP and put that in RPG Maker. Then you need to forward the port you used in cfg.ini.
THANKS you guys are great its all working! :)
Lucky me back to not working, now the server just says offline. It starts fine but in game it says its offline im using RMX-OS GUI if that has anything to do with it.
Did you correctly configure the client too?
Ok so i changed the ip on line 77 of the RMX-OS Options Code to this (this is lines 77-80)
(http://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x443/matt95688/Untitled-1.png)
You need to forward the port through your router.
i did forward 54269, can you please use this chat box to talk to me its easier.
http://dragonsiege.chatango.com
Ok, it says its online now i just need a different computer to test it on.
ok so it works but there are two things i need help with
1. Why is it so laggy?
2. How do I make something non tradeable?
1. It can be many things: slow or bad network connection, too large maps, too many enemies on maps, too many events on maps, etc. If you want to find a solution for it, I suggest you try the maps without the RMX-OS script first. This should show you whether the lag is RMX-OS related or not.
2. Set the price to 0.
The price is 0, the item is the players EXP Log, but i could still put it up for trade.
Ah, I just remembered. You can find the array "NoTradeItems" in the secondary configuration. It's on top of the RMX-OS script. You can search for it with CTRL+SHIFT+F.
Thank you, works perfectly. As far as I'm concerned this is resolved.