Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Spaceman McConaughey on July 18, 2011, 02:28:10 am

Title: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on July 18, 2011, 02:28:10 am
I am getting really pissed off with this. My computer runs absolutely horribly, when it absolutely should NOT.

Just doing something as simple as picking a place to save a file(it is of course in WAY more places, just using that as an example of something that should not be slow), and bam! It is horribly slow, and all on the classic Windows theme. I am barely using any CPU, either.

Although, the CPU is at 83 °C, and the motherboard 82 °C... would it be that? But still, why the hell would it be? When I have barely a thing open, it gets incredibly hot!
I feel ripped off for this fucking laptop not only by this issue, but by the fact it's missing 2 extra GB of RAM a salesperson said it had and even the fucking box did.
So, if you all need any more information, I will give it.
Title: Re: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: Blizzard on July 18, 2011, 06:42:53 am
No, those temperatures are too low to cause any significant problems.
I wouldn't be surprised if you have gotten some spyware/malware somehow.
How high is your memory load? If it's below 90%, then it's not memory swapping either. The only real solution I see is reinstalling Windows. :/
Title: Re: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on July 18, 2011, 08:52:24 am
Quote from: Blizzard on July 18, 2011, 06:42:53 am
No, those temperatures are too low to cause any significant problems.
I wouldn't be surprised if you have gotten some spyware/malware somehow.
How high is your memory load? If it's below 90%, then it's not memory swapping either. The only real solution I see is reinstalling Windows. :/


Hmm, okay then. And I am not so sure it's spyware or malware.

And my memory load is around 5% all the way through 35%. But I just can't reinstall Windows, I really cant. Damn HP doesn't include install discs with their laptops, and I would have to pirate an ISO. Then if I did that, I get all sorts of problems with .net applications and activation stuff. :S
Title: Re: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: G_G on July 18, 2011, 09:11:11 am
Most HP computers now don't come with discs. Its built in, thats why you have that Recovery partition. Go to Start > All Programs > Recovery Manager > Recovery Manger. You should get an option to do a Factory setup or something.
Title: Re: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on July 18, 2011, 09:31:54 am
Quote from: game_guy on July 18, 2011, 09:11:11 am
Most HP computers now don't come with discs. Its built in, thats why you have that Recovery partition. Go to Start > All Programs > Recovery Manager > Recovery Manger. You should get an option to do a Factory setup or something.


Yeah, and then I rid of all of that horrible bloatware that bogged me down even more again.

But I guess if I must, I will. But how am I sure I can even trust this? I always prefer to have a physical disc. :P
Title: Re: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: G_G on July 18, 2011, 09:36:43 am
Because it runs off of the partition as if it was an actual OS. In fact I'm sure you can even boot into this partition. Not sure. When you start the factory thing, it reboots into this partition and acts as a live CD.
Title: Re: Unacceptable Computer Performance
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on July 18, 2011, 09:41:29 am
Okay, then. I'll do it when I have enough patience to back my stuff up. :/