Chaos Project

General => Chat => Topic started by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 23, 2011, 03:43:53 am

Title: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 23, 2011, 03:43:53 am
But for which game? I am thinking I will do it for Majora's Mask, but rather with a snazzy texture pack in use.

Thoughts?

Of course, though, I won't start right away. And I may not do a voice over to go with it, as my voice sounds horrid when put through a digital recorder.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Twb6543 on August 23, 2011, 06:01:41 am
Really for a lets play the game that you choose doesn't matter much. The most important features are the content and theme of the actual lets play, for example two people may do a lets play of Terraria, one goes about fighting in caves and exploring, with humours voice over. The other person does a lets play of them staying in their hut with no actual vocal or sound, doing nothing except crafting. These are two extremes but the first one will receive more views.

Choose a game you are comfortable with and then think about what you want to do in the actual episodes (e.g. Build a house and go exploring, Fight all the time, etc) even if you voice sounds bad try doing at least one episode with vocals to test out whether with vocals the lets play will be a better experience to the viewer.

Even through the game does not matter as much as what you do, choose a game with an open game play where the player chooses what to do, it will make the Let's Play more unique to you and also allows you to vary your activities to keep viewer interest.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 23, 2011, 08:52:03 am
Thanks for the tip. And as far as open world goes, Majora's Mask seems open enough to me, and is not too linear, so I will do it. Although, I am debating whether or not to use this TP texture pack I have on it. It looks nice, and breathes new life into the game, but I am afraid of having to constantly delete comments of people being a douche over me "changing" the game. I swear, I do not know what it is with people getting mad when you change something.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: winkio on August 23, 2011, 09:21:25 am
yay MM!
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Twb6543 on August 23, 2011, 09:48:43 am
Texture packs are usually ok to use as most people due to use custom ones on games giving it a more personal feel. If you want to add any content or use it you could always go vanilla for the first few episodes and ask on the first one if the viewers would like to see extra content and a different texture pack. Or you could add a comment to the first post saying any comments about texture pack or non-vanilla games would be ignored. If you do ask the viewers you can then always say You did ask if the viewers would like it and it wasn't purely a personal choice.

Mainly I would just do what ever you want and just say, that personalising the game doesn't take away from the content just adds to it or makes it more comfortable to play. (Comfortable as in easier on the eye, better graphics, in a preferred style, etc).

If any body does comment on your choices just remind them this is your Lets Play and the choices were done in the best interests of the viewers and production team (You).
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: G_G on August 23, 2011, 09:40:09 pm
You shall do Majora's Mask! With voice!
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: AngryPacman on August 23, 2011, 10:14:45 pm
And make silly jokes like; 'now turn yourself into a Deku scrub... and make Link do the same'.
Then all shall facepalm in your glory.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 24, 2011, 01:33:22 am
I am going to record the first video tomorrow, but nobody expect a voice at all. My mouth is in a catastrophic amount of  pain, so I will come up with an alternative.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Blizzard on August 24, 2011, 02:27:19 am
I hope you're a good player. I ain't watching a noob play. Your skill better be glorious. >8U
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 24, 2011, 02:50:17 am
The only "pro"(as defined by people who watch these things) thing you can do in a Zelda game is exploit flaws in Boss battles to kill them fast. Even then, you just have to know how to do it, which is not hard. And everything else in them is pretty much things people who know how to play a video game can get done fast if that try a little bit.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: AngryPacman on August 24, 2011, 03:43:01 am
Here's something you could do; beat the whole game only using the Song of Time once.
It's possible.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 24, 2011, 03:50:15 am
I would much rather go about this at my own pace. I'm not in it to impress anypony. ;)
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: AngryPacman on August 24, 2011, 04:06:00 am
Fair enough, I just thought it might be something to do if you really wanted to give somepony something to look at.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on August 24, 2011, 04:21:16 am
Not really something to look at, but rather a Let's Play that ends way too soon. Thanks for the suggestion, though. :3
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: AngryPacman on August 24, 2011, 06:15:28 am
It'd still be dang impressive.
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: G_G on August 25, 2011, 10:12:54 am
Branden has decided to do MM. But we've also decided to do a Lets Play together. As in a 2 player game. We're both going to be recording and uploading both perspectives to our sites youtube channel.

http://youtube.com/DecisiveMediaDotNet
Title: Re: I want to do a Let's Play.
Post by: Kett Shee on August 29, 2011, 09:42:04 am
G_G + Branden + LP = <3