Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Magus on September 02, 2011, 02:48:21 pm

Title: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Magus on September 02, 2011, 02:48:21 pm
This is just a general question, not a proposal or anything. I just want to know, how much would you charge me if I asked you to make a custom battle system (CBS).

Here are some made up, rates. Please disregard them and correct me.

Edited typo: $100 (estimate) -   Unique Sideview battle system

._. I'm not listing abs here simply because Blizz-abs is better than any abs in existence when it comes to rmxp.

Tactical battle system. (meh) I'll let you decide this one..

Other:  Not sure about any other types here.

Anyway, this is what I'm thinking of buying:

A unique side view battle system --that's easy to use. (Note, I'm buying this script for myself. I'm not sure I'd be to happy if everyone else gets it free and I don't.) The reason I need this script is because, IN EACH flame of life, I switch battle systems.
Flame of life 1 uses blizz-abs. Flame of life 2 uses side view.  I can't go with tactics for FOL3 though because boss fights are needed and tactical boss fights aren't fun.


Eh scratch that above.......................If anything... Can anyone recommend any other battle system. I need one that doesn't bore me. Something that's unique --even a new type of battle system.

Please... before I get bored of Rgpxp.  I can't think of anything.  I'll probably pick from the suggest and pay a scripter to make it.

Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Ryex on September 02, 2011, 03:24:57 pm
HA! $10? lol.

I personally would do it this way if I were to charge for making a script

1) create an overview of how the system would work and correct it with input form the requester (free, even if I don't make the script)
2) estimate how many man hours I would need to spend on the project
3) present the price of the script as $4 an hour on the estimate. that would be the final prove of the script even if I underestimated.
4) if by the time I made the script I spent less than the amount of time in my estimate I'll only charge for the hours I worked
5) a 20% upfront start fee would be charged if that 20% is $10 or more. the rest of the fee do on completion of the script.
7) if I fail to receive final payment the script goes public.
6) if a start fee was taken but for some reason I'm unable to finish the script I'll return the start fee, plus 10% of the fee if that 10% is more than $1.

as an estimate AnTBS (Asan'Tear Battle System) took around 25-30 man hours. now days I could probably do it in 20 or less (I had to learn a few things in the middle of making it) that means had I charged for it creation under this system it would of cost $120 at the full 30 hours or $80 at 20 hours.

if such cost sounds unreasonable to you then tough cookies.
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Magus on September 02, 2011, 05:05:43 pm
typo.  I meant $100 (as an estimate.)    Sorry about that... But anyway, I can easily like budget around $50 PER SYSTEM.

Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Blizzard on September 02, 2011, 05:36:19 pm
I just wanted to say that turning RMXP's default battle system into sideview is rather easy.
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Ryex on September 02, 2011, 05:38:48 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on September 02, 2011, 05:36:19 pm
I just wanted to say that turning RMXP's default battle system into sideview is rather easy.

this is true, such a takes would take about 5 hours MAX (if you know what your doing)
but he said he wanted a unique battle system, I take that to mean a design from the ground up.
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Blizzard on September 02, 2011, 05:46:53 pm
More like 5 minutes. xD
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Ryex on September 02, 2011, 06:00:21 pm
I'm assuming that the creation of the side view adds actor animations and a way to configure them for skills, items ect.
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Blizzard on September 02, 2011, 06:53:08 pm
That's not the definition of sideview. You just change the actor battle sprite coordinates and change it so it uses the character sprite file with a proper src_rect instead of the battler sprite. There you have a sideview battle system. Nobody said anything about animated actors.
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Magus on September 03, 2011, 12:43:18 pm
Anyway, Do any of you have any ideas for a brand new type of battle system?
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Ryex on September 03, 2011, 02:04:38 pm
*Keeps his secrets for himself*
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Magus on September 03, 2011, 06:10:45 pm
._.money's on the line D:::
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Ryex on September 03, 2011, 07:08:24 pm
I'll only make it for my game. and i'll only make it for ARC. and I'm not sure if i'll make a public version or not.
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: ForeverZer0 on September 03, 2011, 09:20:30 pm
Is this the idea you had on your long car ride?
Title: Re: General Question [money opportunity for scripters?]
Post by: Ryex on September 03, 2011, 11:23:16 pm
yes.