Chaos Project

Featured Projects => Advanced RPG Creator => Core Development => Topic started by: Ryex on September 09, 2011, 04:19:16 pm

Title: After Version 1
Post by: Ryex on September 09, 2011, 04:19:16 pm
I want to find out what you think about the future of this project. Now I'm not talking far down the road here just thinking forward a bit.

After we release Version 1 of ARC, meaning that we've gotten the RGSS only version stable, where do you see this project going?

I thinking we should immediately branch off of that first version and leave it where it is, and start development of the full ARC engine.

by that I mean that RGSS ARC would be come a legacy version and starting with development after that we go into a planing stage to design the internal structure of the engine. figure out how we want to treat and structure data and that and then re-factor ARC to support that.

what about you guys?
Title: Re: After Version 1
Post by: Blizzard on September 10, 2011, 03:30:07 am
A branch for version 1.0 goes without saying.
We will immediately branch it off and we can start implementing implementing classes of the other underlying libraries. But first we have to integrate and external main loop and a C++ base Scene_Base (which will be Scene::Base here). There won't be much refactoring. Instead we will have a lot of work to do from ground up.