Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: mord3ca1 on September 16, 2011, 09:47:40 am

Title: Name displayed in HUD
Post by: mord3ca1 on September 16, 2011, 09:47:40 am
Maybe there is a simple way to do this that I am missing but I was curious about how to use the name of the character that the user enters into script. Then I wanted to display it on the HUD say above or below the HP/SP/LVL display. I understand that you can do this via the event page with the "Name Input Processing" event but is there a way to take that entered information and use it in the code and display it on the screen. So if I create a character named JoeJoeJoe it would display on the screen JoeJoeJoe Lvl 5 [health bar] [sp bar], and if my friend started a game and made his character named Bob it would show Bob Lvl 5 [health bar] [sp bar].

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m194/black_impulse/Untitled-1.png)


PS. if you know how to make the Lvl colored like in this demo please let me know...

Please wrap [spoiler][/spoiler] tags around large images. ~ G_G