Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: grecias on September 25, 2011, 09:58:18 am

Title: [RMXP] I Need Sid Meier's pirates' dueling system
Post by: grecias on September 25, 2011, 09:58:18 am
Hi everyone,

I'm making a hybrid rpg game and I want to replace some of my battles with a "rock-paper-scissors" real time duel minigame. Those who played Sid meier's pirates know exactly what I'm talking about.

More specifically, I need a script that:

->Loads two animated battler pictures (those dueling),
->Shows the respective animations of three attack and three block modes.
->Gives the necessary time for the player to see the opponent's attack and select the right block button(in real time). I need the ability to adjust the speed of both opponent's animation in both attacking and defending by various factors(like skills and such) so difficulty will vary.
->Pushes both battlers towards either edge of the screen every time an attack is not blocked (so the loser takes a step backwards)
->When either battler reaches his edge of the screen, he loses the battle and an animation of defeat is shown.
->I also need the option to setup the duel to pause in a random moment to show a dialogue option(to add things like insults and random event choices)
->(Optional) I'd also like to see the opponent making feints, appearing initially to attack from one direction and then switching to another.

I don't need the graphics for this, and I won't have much trouble adjusting the minor things in the script with few explanations.

From what little I understand from ruby this wouldn't be much trouble for someone with scripting experience.

Plus, I don't need it to replace anything from the original engine, I need it as a mini-game.

I am using Blizzard's Custom Game Controls, but without rest of the Tons of Addons.

The script for this is practically an interactive slideshow machine that randomly selects numbers between 1 and 3 for attack directions.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could look into this.

I asked the same question in other communities and I was ignored.
Title: Re: [RMXP] I Need Sid Meier's pirates' dueling system
Post by: grecias on October 10, 2011, 03:39:36 pm
I was worried that this amount of animation would be hard to make with the "Show Picture" command... and yeah, organizing events this big is intimidating... if I don't find any help I'll attempt to follow your suggestion.

Title: Re: [RMXP] I Need Sid Meier's pirates' dueling system
Post by: G_G on October 10, 2011, 05:05:05 pm
Which is why there is an Animations tab in the database. So you can create animations without a ton of manual labor.
Title: Re: [RMXP] I Need Sid Meier's pirates' dueling system
Post by: grecias on October 11, 2011, 05:58:08 pm
I guess I could try it. Truth is I didn't feel too comfortable with the animations tab ever since I started RMXP so I wasn't considering I would use it.