Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Futendra on October 22, 2011, 07:10:52 am

Title: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 22, 2011, 07:10:52 am
Is there a script that shows a Miss animation if you attack but your not at all near an enemy or you didn't hit him, that it shows an animation?
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 07:43:39 am
Not to be judgmental or anything, but isn't this kind of dumb? What's the point of this? Pointless text flying around the screen? I mean, if there's no enemy around, why do you have to redundantly make the player aware of that by displaying "Miss"?
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 22, 2011, 07:50:12 am
Quote from: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 07:43:39 am
Not to be judgmental or anything, but isn't this kind of dumb? What's the point of this? Pointless text flying around the screen? I mean, if there's no enemy around, why do you have to redundantly make the player aware of that by displaying "Miss"?

What I wanted to do is than create an animation that makes a swoosh sound, nothing with text or anything.


So if the script only has a sound effect, thats fine too!
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 08:35:45 am
*points to "user animation" in the weapon settings* I did the same thing in CoSLAL.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 22, 2011, 11:59:12 am
Quote from: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 08:35:45 am
*points to "user animation" in the weapon settings* I did the same thing in CoSLAL.


Yeah but tha animation shows every time, I want it to show only if missed

Im being a pain in the ass aint I?
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 12:11:06 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8864/snap992.png)
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 22, 2011, 12:24:46 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 12:11:06 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8864/snap992.png)


Thank you, overlooked that! <3

Ow, this only works if you actually miss on a target, what I need is that it makes a sound when you attack without an enemy near you.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Boba Fett Link on October 22, 2011, 04:57:57 pm
Set the attacker animation for the weapon as a blank animation that just plays the sound you want. It's pretty simple.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 23, 2011, 05:38:05 am
Quote from: Boba Fett Link on October 22, 2011, 04:57:57 pm
Set the attacker animation for the weapon as a blank animation that just plays the sound you want. It's pretty simple.


Yes but then the sound will also play if you actually hit something, and as im making it a woosh sound of a sword missing a target, that would be kinda dumb, wont it?
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Boba Fett Link on October 23, 2011, 07:51:04 am
So do what Blizzard suggested. Make the player's animation play one sound if there is a hit and different sound if there is a miss.
Quote from: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 12:11:06 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8864/snap992.png)



Just make sure you put it as the players animation because it always plays, even if there is no enemy.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 23, 2011, 07:56:44 am
Quote from: Boba Fett Link on October 23, 2011, 07:51:04 am
So do what Blizzard suggested. Make the player's animation play one sound if there is a hit and different sound if there is a miss.
Quote from: Blizzard on October 22, 2011, 12:11:06 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/8864/snap992.png)



Just make sure you put it as the players animation because it always plays, even if there is no enemy.


Yes I know, but now it sounds a bit weird if the actor actually hits something, but its fine as it is just a woosh sound.

Ty <3
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: ShadowPierce on October 23, 2011, 08:01:40 am
->I think he wants to play an SE when a weapon is used and it doesn't hit any enemy... I'm pretty sure this can be done with combos, though I may be wrong... :P

You incorporate a combo with an animation to a weapon, and that's it! Just make sure the animation sound for a hit is louder than the swing so it can cover it when you actually hit an enemy...

Is that what you're looking for, Fut?


†
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Blizzard on October 23, 2011, 08:18:12 am
You just pick the "Miss" option and the sound will only play when you miss and don't hit an enemy. -_-
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: ShadowPierce on October 23, 2011, 08:23:49 am
->No, I meant when no enemy is within range... :^_^':


†
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 23, 2011, 09:41:14 am
Quote from: ShadowPierce on October 23, 2011, 08:23:49 am
->No, I meant when no enemy is within range... :^_^':


†

Indeed thats what I ment, it is now already done with a animation that plays a SE and when I hit something, the sound of hitting is just louder.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: G_G on October 23, 2011, 11:12:53 am
To be honest, I don't see why the enemy has to be in range. There really isn't a difference between hitting an enemy and missing, and hitting the air. In both of them you are hitting absolutely nothing.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 23, 2011, 11:56:23 am
Quote from: game_guy on October 23, 2011, 11:12:53 am
To be honest, I don't see why the enemy has to be in range. There really isn't a difference between hitting an enemy and missing, and hitting the air. In both of them you are hitting absolutely nothing.


Yes, but if you tell the animation to only work if missed, it wont play the sound if hitting air.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Blizzard on October 23, 2011, 12:04:29 pm
USER animation, not TARGET animation.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 23, 2011, 12:11:03 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on October 23, 2011, 12:04:29 pm
USER animation, not TARGET animation.
I KNOW, but if you put the animation as "Miss only" it wont play if you do not have a target in range.

So, if you hit a target and miss it it will play the god damn animation.
but if there are no enemies in range or you simply accidenticly hit the attack button, it WILL NOT play that animation.

Seriously, 5th time I say that.

What I did now, is make a normal animation (Without the "Miss only") and this plays always, even if you actually hit an enemy.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Blizzard on October 23, 2011, 12:32:37 pm
So you are basically saying that when somebody swings a sword, but actually hits a target, it doesn't make a woosh sound?
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: G_G on October 23, 2011, 12:38:55 pm
I don't get what he wants. I think what he wants is the miss animation to play when you hit the air without having to actually miss an enemy.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Futendra on October 23, 2011, 12:47:41 pm
Quote from: game_guy on October 23, 2011, 12:38:55 pm
I don't get what he wants. I think what he wants is the miss animation to play when you hit the air without having to actually miss an enemy.


Yep, thats what I need, but I said like 4 times I already got something now.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: G_G on October 23, 2011, 01:01:52 pm
Actually, to be the biggest smart ass I can be, because you're being one, you only said that once.
Title: Re: [BABS] Miss Animation?
Post by: Boba Fett Link on October 23, 2011, 01:45:33 pm
Well, I'm not sure how you could achieve this. :???: Maybe you could use LiTTleDRAgo's BattleCry script. http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=8825.0

Just make the attack sound battlecry the sound you want for missing. Then, play a blank animation for the hitting sound when the player hits. But make sure the hitting sound is louder so it will cancel out the miss sound.

The only problem with this is that it will play the miss sound for all the characters weapons, too.

That is the only solution I can think of besides creating a new script.