Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: MarkHest on October 22, 2011, 12:06:21 pm

Title: It has finaly happened... *But that's history now!*
Post by: MarkHest on October 22, 2011, 12:06:21 pm
Its finaly happened.

My laptop is now unfunctional and there is no way to repair it without sending it to it's developers(the insurance is gone). The lid that has the ON button in it has been un-plugged from the actual computer and there is no way to plug it back in. (it wasn't even a propper plug-in cable, it was taped to it from the start but the tape is no removed and the cable is lose.) I tried to start it while holding the cable to it's correct port and pressing the ON button a lot of times, but still... nothing.

I guess i won't be active on this forum anymore untill i get a new computer. Hopefully that is very soon but i don't know when. I've planned to buy a new computer for a long time now and it seems the time has finaly come. I will occasionaly "borrow" my mothers computer but i can't do that very often.

So... untill i get a new computer i will be 90% less active here. Have fun :haha:
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Fantasist on October 22, 2011, 10:22:34 pm
Hurts to lose your laptop, I know ;_;
Get a new machine and come back soon :)
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Blizzard on October 23, 2011, 04:57:30 am
Man, that sucks. ._. I know how it is when your PC/laptop dies. I hope you can patch things up quickly and won't lose any data.
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: MarkHest on October 23, 2011, 11:06:07 am
Hopefully it won't be long until i get a new computer. I think i will order one the 30th Oktober or maybe the 1th November. However i don't know how long a delivery over the net will take for a desktop computer.

It's a good thing i was prepared for this, i actually saved the most important stuff from my laptop to my i-pod which is now safe and won't disapear. That includes my RMXP project that i have been working on for so long. I just lose a few days work, that's all :)

The computer i'm aiming to buy might not be the best but its cheap and twice as better than my laptop so i don't think i will complain any day soon :D



That total works for me! :haha:
Can't wait untill i get it :3 (IF i get it)
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Vell on October 23, 2011, 11:51:29 am
You should play League with me when you get back.

(also good luck)
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: SBR* on October 27, 2011, 05:30:32 pm
(Late reply) Good luck man!
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Blizzard on October 27, 2011, 05:38:37 pm
I'll miss our occasional chats in IRC. ._.
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: MarkHest on October 30, 2011, 05:48:56 am
I'm gona have to wait another whole month to get the new computer  :<_<: (Thought i will get a better one than the one i wrote about above  :huh:....  :haha: )
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Fantasist on October 30, 2011, 06:50:08 am
If you're going to get a better one, the wait will be worth it. Hang in there until then.

PS: ...how much better? :3
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Fenriswolf on October 30, 2011, 09:09:47 am
This topic looks like his puppy died or something O_O
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: MarkHest on October 30, 2011, 06:43:13 pm
@Fantasist: Somewhere near twice as good as the one i mentioned above so it'll be worth the wait, as you said ^^

@Fenriswolf: My computer WAS my little puffy puppy! xD
Title: Re: It has finaly happened...
Post by: Fantasist on November 01, 2011, 02:39:59 am
Cool. Keep us posted on the new config as soon as you know.

@Fenriswolf: haha, I agree with MarkHest xD
Title: Re: It has finaly happened... *But that's history!*
Post by: MarkHest on December 27, 2011, 05:52:58 pm
I finaly got my new computer!! :haha: This feels fucking amazing since i have never owned a computer like this before!

I buyed both a desktop and a wide screen... well... screen :P
I altso got the newest version of Norton which i am paying 500kr for in a yearly fee.

The whole thing all together costed 6100kr, however i can't afford a price like that so I did a payment plan to pay 500 swedish kronor per month until the 6100kr is payed off.

Note that if you take a sum devided by 7 you get it in dollars. So 6100 devided by 7 becomes dollars.


I did a few screenshots with a crappy mobile camera but here they are anyway.

Before...
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/foto0228.jpg)


After!
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/foto0229.jpg)





Before...
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/foto0227.jpg)


After!
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/foto0225.jpg)

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/foto0224.jpg)





Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/Foto0230.jpg)





This is the computer status:

Model Name: Acer AX3990_H
Processor: Intel Core i5
Cores: 2
GHz: 3.30
CPU Cache: 3MB
Shipset: H61
RAM: DDR3 - 4GB (uppgradeable to 8GB)
RAM speed: 1333
RAM ports: 2
Disk Space: 500Gb (it's separated into two different drivers.)
Disk Speed/RPM: 7200
Sound Card: High Definition Audio
Graphic Card(type): IntelĀ® HD Graphics 2000
Dedicated Graphic Memory: 256MB
Shared Graphic Memory: 1919MB

EDIT: Okay, some of the information here seem to be wrong. Some values are higher than what i wrote.

Here's a photo on it: http://www.elgiganten.se/product/datorer-tillbehor/stationar-dator/ASX3990206/acer-aspire-x-stationar-dator-ax3990_h




Well, what do you think? Compared to the old laptop i had this is a HUGE uppgrade for me! And not to mention the screen i'm looking at :O.o: I am not used to this kind of screen size :D
This is the perfect Christmas present to myself ^^

Mwahaha, this beast is mine! MINE!! xD
Title: Re: It has finaly happened... *But that's history!*
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on December 27, 2011, 06:03:26 pm
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/foto0229.jpg)


(http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/3446/27235732cyp0fsoz.jpg)


(http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/3446/27235732cyp0fsoz.jpg)



(http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/3446/27235732cyp0fsoz.jpg)



Priceless, man. But I'm really happy for you! This looks like an awesome ware to be on, and glad it's been gone out with much further happiness. xD Also, Sweden. <3
Title: Re: It has finaly happened... *But that's history now!*
Post by: MarkHest on December 27, 2011, 06:52:04 pm
HAHA XD! I lol'd at the zoomed pic xD
Title: Re: It has finaly happened... *But that's history now!*
Post by: Blizzard on December 28, 2011, 04:25:27 am
ZOMG, GREEN POWER SCREEN! :O