Chaos Project

Featured Projects => Advanced RPG Creator => Core Development => Topic started by: Ryex on October 24, 2011, 04:09:16 pm

Title: How will we handle Version 1
Post by: Ryex on October 24, 2011, 04:09:16 pm
I'm wondering how we will handle Version 1. Specifically in terms of $ and legality.

Because version 1 will at it's core be a RGSS clone (abet with significantly increased power and useability) and we won't have the ARC default scripts written and thus will likely use the RMXP scripts how will we handle it?

taking that in mind I can't see charging the commercial license fee for the first version.

I propose that we deliver Version 1 or codename "Legacy Edition" free for all purposes, commercial or otherwise.

With the next version (I propose codename "True ARC") we will drop the RGSS module and implement our own stuff in Zer0Division and provide ARC default scripts.  Then provide a script that creates the RGSS interface from the Zer0Division lib on the side. at THAT point it will truly be ARC and we should be able to charge the license fee.

Thoughts?
Title: Re: How will we handle Version 1
Post by: Blizzard on October 24, 2011, 04:13:14 pm
I agree. I was thinking about the same thing a few times and this seems to be the best solution I kept coming up with. Let's do it.

Also, if we have to rewrite all RGSS functionality with ARC's true engine, this will take quite some additional time. #_# But I think we should be able to handle relatively quickly if the 4 of us work together.

And I like the name "Legacy Edition". <3