Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: on December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm

Poll
Question: Would anyone find one helpful here?
Option 1: Yes votes: 5
Option 2: No votes: 1
Title: Self-Help Section
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on November 08, 2011, 05:15:51 am
Okay, so a self-help section seems as though it would be a great idea. And yeah, I know this was brought up before, but as time passes it seems as though more and more people would benefit from something like this. I can think of a few off the top of my head right away(me included). Just leave a vote on yes or no, if you would be so kind.

Well, let's see those votes.
Title: Re: Self-Help Section
Post by: Blizzard on November 20, 2011, 03:57:37 am
*shakes the forum*

Not too many people cared to vote as I see.
Title: Re: Self-Help Section
Post by: tSwitch on December 25, 2011, 01:11:09 am
Is it really Self-Help if you ask other people to help out?
Title: Re: Self-Help Section
Post by: Blizzard on December 25, 2011, 02:56:24 pm
Self-Help means that you seek help yourself and that you primarily try to find material to help yourself. Whether you ask somebody else for pointers or advice in all of this or not is not too relevant. I always saw self-help as a way to improve yourself even if you don't really have to for some reason. You do it because you want to do it. Of course, there are e.g. self-help groups for alcoholics, but this is yet again similar in concept. You can share experiences and all, but ultimately it is up to you to help yourself. The term self-help is kinda confusing, it's not something that should be taken literal.
Title: Re: Self-Help Section
Post by: Spaceman McConaughey on December 25, 2011, 03:00:19 pm
So, guessing it's a no-go on the section?
Title: Re: Self-Help Section
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on December 25, 2011, 03:06:08 pm
Seeing that we've created boards like Academics, a "Self-Help" section seems to a nice, similar step to follow. Don't we love helping each other, giving sound advice and support in times of need? I'm a bit concerned whether or not it might be a board too superfluous. I suppose this logic goes along the same way for many boards (i.e. their parent boards suffice), but I always seen Chat to be a sound place to do any of this stuff already. A complete section, though, may garner topics that wouldn't have been made otherwise, though.