Well as some may now, I'm going to get a new PC!
Now the only question left is, will it be able to play much new games?
The specifications:
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
RAM: 2048 MB
Motherboard: Asus P5-KPL-VM
Graphic Card: Gigabyte GeForce 8600 GT 256MB
you should be able to play most current games on medium to low graphics and a few of them on medium high. the biggest limit to that comp is the RAM. you should really look into getting 4GB at some point as a moderate upgrade.
2 GB is enough for now. Make sure to turn off all other programs before starting the game and I suggest you turn off prefetch and superfetch to save some addition RAM. As Ryex said, get an additional 2 GB somewhere later. Best is you get it when you start to actually need it.
Quote from: Blizzard on November 09, 2011, 03:31:21 pm
2 GB is enough for now. Make sure to turn off all other programs before starting the game and I suggest you turn off prefetch and superfetch to save some addition RAM. As Ryex said, get an additional 2 GB somewhere later. Best is you get it when you start to actually need it.
thanks but ehmmm, whats superfetch and prefetch? Also, I would love to play games like Assassins Creed, Call Of Duty Modern Warfare, and so on, will I be able to play those without lag?
Superfetch is the indexing service Windows uses to speed up searching for files on your PC.
No, superfetch and prefetch are programs that partially or fully pre-load programs and files you often use into RAM so you can access them much quicker and often don't have to wait as long for it to open. It's actually a great way to speed up the CPU at the expense of RAM, especially if you have a lot of RAM, but at times it might be undesirable, like when playing a game.
Just google on how to disable them. It's a very simple edit in the registry.
What the hell am I thinking of then? :hm:
Indexing Service probably.
@Futendra: You should be able to play them without lag on med to low settings, certainly not the highest. Just play around with resolution and image quality settings. You'll just have to try out various settings until you find a sweet spot. Congrats btw :)
Yes. it is a wonderful feeling being able to finally play those games you wanted to, but couldn't before. :)
*insert first time joke here* :V:
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on November 09, 2011, 07:34:49 pm
Yes. it is a wonderful feeling being able to finally play those games you wanted to, but couldn't before. :)
Tell me about it! I've dreamed of playing Budokai using an emulator for
4 years before I bought my graphics card. :D