Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Blizzard on November 14, 2011, 03:11:27 am

Title: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Blizzard on November 14, 2011, 03:11:27 am
I was talking to a collegue at work and he said that most people in the US have a slow Internet connection. I remember lots of people telling me how they had actually quite fast connections from all over the US so I was kind of confused. So what's your Internet connection speed? I have 3 Mbit/s download and 256 kbit/s upload.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Ryex on November 14, 2011, 03:13:52 am
LOL! I have a 1.5 Mb DSL connection, horrendously slow for this day and age. slowest you can get without droping to dial up actually.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: winkio on November 14, 2011, 03:29:25 am
We are slow compared to Korea, but generally faster than most places.  My home connection in 8Mbit download 5Mbit upload.  My university connection is 250Mbit download 200Mbit upload, and that is by no means the fastest.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: G_G on November 20, 2011, 08:39:52 am
I dunno how accurate speedtest.net is but its not too bad. My download is pretty good but obviously my ISP doesn't supply a good Upload. ._.'

(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1602553355.png)

Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: stripe103 on November 20, 2011, 01:20:53 pm
We are paying for 25 Mbit/s, but I have from 4 to 16 Mbit/s down, and about 1 Mbit/s up.
I hate that the downspeed is changing so much, but I guess it's the wireless reciever or something.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Blizzard on December 23, 2011, 10:27:27 am
Haha! My provider has doubled my speed! :D
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Spoofus on January 28, 2012, 12:29:53 pm
eh i'd figure i would put up mine for the heck of it.

this is my connection while here at home:(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1736426328.png)
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: winkio on January 28, 2012, 01:32:45 pm
Lol university internet:

(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1736557069.png)
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Spoofus on January 28, 2012, 02:28:23 pm
good lord,your university internet makes mine look, well it makes it look just awful.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Ryex on January 28, 2012, 04:36:19 pm
I had some nice speed in my dorm last year but they caped the speed to 2Mb/s this year. it's a shame I tell you, a f'n shame.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: ForeverZer0 on January 28, 2012, 10:45:24 pm
Here is my pathetic speed. I really should be less cheap and just upgrade, but its all I really need. I just save large downloads for when I sleep and am at work.

(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1737261640.png) (http://www.speedtest.net)
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Taiine on February 04, 2012, 08:06:55 pm
(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1752572310.png)

I win.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Ryex on February 06, 2012, 03:19:10 pm
(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1756228140.png) (http://www.speedtest.net)(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1756240012.png) (http://www.speedtest.net)(http://www.speedtest.net/result/1756246179.png) (http://www.speedtest.net)


you see that? so the discrepancy with the upload and download speeds? that's a capped connection.
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: MarkHest on February 07, 2012, 09:58:16 pm
(http://speedtest.net/result/1759029184.png)

My connection is not so bad ^^
Title: Re: What's your Internet connection speed?
Post by: Taiine on February 07, 2012, 10:26:29 pm
Wow I'm the only one on an F grade.