Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Mixxth on December 01, 2011, 08:39:39 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] Question Revolving Around Babs2.89
Post by: Mixxth on December 01, 2011, 08:39:39 pm
Okay so here it goes....

With a little research I've determined I'm not the only one who has had this problem... the sad part is every post I saw about it had zero replies...
When my main Hero --> the one being controlled casts a spell I made called *Shield* for example onto any party member it casts fine, with both a cast animation and a target animation + effects, party is in the caterpillar formation, but when said Hero casts the * Shield* spell on himself there's a cast animation + effect but no target animation, it looks really cheesy like he suddenly just has the effect... please help XD
Title: Re: Question Revolving Around Babs2.89
Post by: winkio on December 01, 2011, 08:49:14 pm
It's because RMXP only allows one animation to play at a time on each character.  It is being resolved in the next version by making the casting animation occur before the target animation, so if it is the same character, the target animation will override the casting animation..
Title: Re: Question Revolving Around Babs2.89
Post by: Mixxth on December 01, 2011, 09:03:26 pm
Ahh sounds good winkio :) any idea when this new version will hit the palms of avid patient fans?
also will our games be able to roll over into the newer version??
Title: Re: Question Revolving Around Babs2.89
Post by: Mixxth on December 01, 2011, 09:08:48 pm
Thank-you in advance :) you guys are genius' lol
Title: Re: Question Revolving Around Babs2.89
Post by: winkio on December 02, 2011, 12:14:22 am
I'm aiming to have it done by Christmas, but that all depends on how much time I have the next few weeks.  Everything will roll over directly to the new version, except for the config file, but I'll make an option to convert old configs to new configs.
Title: Re: Question Revolving Around Babs2.89
Post by: Mixxth on December 02, 2011, 12:23:39 am
You sir are a rmxp scripting god haha! this topic is far resolved tyvm for all the help winkio :) hopefully I can return the favor in the future :P