Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Projects / Games => Recruitment => Topic started by: mroedesigns on December 19, 2011, 04:26:44 am

Title: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on December 19, 2011, 04:26:44 am
So I know I havent been very active recently, but I am back with good news! Finally got internet again at my apartment! Set up all my computers yesterday, and just finished testing my rmx-os public connection. Everything is in order, which means its back to business for me.

I need mappers. Im not terrible by any means, there is just a lot to do. Ive made a map layout, and as of right now I need 68 maps at least for my initial release. That does not include individual interior maps, either.

Now obviously this is a lot of work. Maybe you dont want to do 68 maps . Maybe you only have time for 67. That is ok, we'll work it out. :V

Seriously, though, I will take any offer. Even if you just want to throw together an outline for a map or two, I would really appreciate it.

Best way to get ahold of me right now is to just reply here. If I get more than one or two people helping Ill set up a repository to make everything easier. If you have any questions please ask. Thanks!  :haha:
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Blizzard on December 19, 2011, 04:40:31 am
Why not 69? :V:
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on December 19, 2011, 04:41:40 am
Quote from: Blizzard on December 19, 2011, 04:40:31 am
Why not 69? :V:


Only if you help ;D
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Blizzard on December 19, 2011, 04:46:02 am
You know me, not really much time for RMXP. ._. Basically when ARC comes out, I probably will put a small example game together.
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on December 19, 2011, 04:53:51 am
Bahh, come on, you know you wanna help with my awesome game  :ninja:
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Holyrapid on December 19, 2011, 01:22:00 pm
Well, i guess i could help with a few maps, since it's the holidays and all.
No promises on quality, as i think i am mediocre at best in my own opinion.
(i've seen people both better and worse than me).
If you want to, you can add me in FB, G+ etc.
Or, if that doesn't work out, email :)
I'd be glad to help.
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on December 19, 2011, 03:44:07 pm
Awesome :) Like I said I'll take any help I can get. Check out the link below (warning, its BIG) to see the map layout to get an idea of what I have going on.

http://bloodlinesrpg.webs.com/repository/Map%20Layout.bmp
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 01:40:12 am
Still looking for help if anyone is interested.

Here's an example of some of what I've started on, and the kind of style I'm looking for.

(Warning, large image)
http://s11.postimage.org/5buzf488j/big.png
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Futendra on January 13, 2012, 02:47:07 pm
I might make a castle type map if you need one?
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 02:54:31 pm
That'd be nice! If you look at the map image I posted above, I need Blackwyn Temple redone, I don't like the way it looks right now. I'm using Inquisitors tilesets (http://downloads.rpg-palace.com/details.php?id=102).

Or if you want to just do a generic castle that'd be fine. Like I said, any help I can get.
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Futendra on January 13, 2012, 02:59:02 pm
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 02:54:31 pm
That'd be nice! If you look at the map image I posted above, I need Blackwyn Temple redone, I don't like the way it looks right now. I'm using Inquisitors tilesets (http://downloads.rpg-palace.com/details.php?id=102).

Or if you want to just do a generic castle that'd be fine. Like I said, any help I can get.


Could you upload a pre-passaged project file? Because I don't feel like doing that all cus I don't have that much time and I don't want to waste time pressing X's and O's
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 03:05:32 pm
For sure. I'm actually in the proccess of making a sudo-repository on my site. As soon as the upload finishes, Maps.rar will be what you're looking for.

http://mroedesigns.webs.com/maps.htm
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Futendra on January 13, 2012, 03:09:57 pm
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 03:05:32 pm
For sure. I'm actually in the proccess of making a sudo-repository on my site. As soon as the upload finishes, Maps.rar will be what you're looking for.

http://mroedesigns.webs.com/maps.htm


When will you upload?
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 03:13:55 pm
Im trying to find somewhere to host it at the moment, shouldnt be too long.
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: Futendra on January 13, 2012, 03:15:42 pm
Quote from: mroedesigns on January 13, 2012, 03:13:55 pm
Im trying to find somewhere to host it at the moment, shouldnt be too long.

Tell me when uploaded
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on January 14, 2012, 03:09:29 am
Sorry that took so long, its been a crazy day  :<_<:

anyways, here ya go sir
http://mroedesigns.webs.com/maps.htm

Not all the tile set walk-ability stuff is set, but don't worry too much about it right now, unless you really want to  :P
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on July 05, 2012, 05:40:06 pm
Tripple-post, anyone? xD

Anyways, still looking for help. Now more than ever. Ive had a lack of motivation recently, and could use a boost. Let me know!
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: AJNR95 on July 05, 2012, 11:39:12 pm
Why not? Are we using the basic RTP or do you have anything added to the Game's Tileset? I can try an underground cave that's about 5-12 maps. I do better with those and I feel I have a knack for linking small maps into one large map accurately.

It's great that you're offering this, it adds variety to your game. I just need to get back on RMXP since the only reason I use it, is for 5 minute quick shits with the Blizz ABS
Title: Re: Mappers, unite!
Post by: mroedesigns on July 06, 2012, 04:30:23 am
Awesome! Sorry I didnt get back to you sooner, I just got off work (3:23 am here Dx).

It's actually not the default RTP tilesets, I'm using this  (http://downloads.rpg-palace.com/details.php?id=102)for the exterior stuff. Check this  (http://mroedesigns.webs.com/maps.htm)page to see what I've done so far and what I've got laid out.

If you want to do something specific thats not in the planning, that's fine. I can always use it for dungeons or areas I don't have planned out or whatever. Any help is appreciated :]