Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Andy on June 21, 2008, 06:53:47 pm

Title: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Andy on June 21, 2008, 06:53:47 pm
This script should hopefully be pretty easy lol

I need a script that simply makes the character's HP tick away one by one, but really fast.

Kinda like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSSEI6ypqEs

Notice how when a character loses or gains HP how the letters go up or down? I need a script that does that, but it doesn't have to be real fancy like that (it can be though :D)

I figure it's possible since the rgss timer ticks away numbers =P

If someone could do this for me, that'd be sweeeet.  ;D
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Phasedscar on June 21, 2008, 08:30:45 pm
The HP script you're asking for is pretty specific to that battle script.  It's called Rolling HP/PP bars and it's from Earthbound.  As a matter of fact that whole battle looks like it came from the Earthbound Battle script which I think can be found on RMRevolution or RPGmaker Revolution.

Anyway, my guess is there's a lot more into it then you'd think but I've always loved the rolling bars myself.  Plus it added in the strategy that even if your character dies, if you heal them in time they can still live.
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Sally on June 21, 2008, 09:12:10 pm
i never played mother3 but people tell me its good game...
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Andy on June 22, 2008, 09:20:05 pm
I couldn't find it on either of those sites ;_;

If you have a link, that would be greatly appreciated  ;D
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on June 23, 2008, 12:46:24 am
Quote from: Andy on June 22, 2008, 09:20:05 pm
I couldn't find it on either of those sites ;_;

If you have a link, that would be greatly appreciated  ;D
I did a search myself...The closest thing I found was an Earthbound Battle System created by Yeyinde, but the system was for private use...If one were to want it however, they must purchase it from him for I think 50 USD, that's quite the pretty penny. My apologies. T_T

However, I'm noticing some Earthbound related items for RPG Maker VX, such as maybe a Battle System for that? Don't know for sure. Apparently, people are saying you can emulate the drug-like backgrounds of the Earthbound battles. And they say there's a script for that. If you're interested, I can dig that up for you.
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Blizzard on June 23, 2008, 04:12:45 am
As I said in this topic (http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?topic=985.0) already, my animated background add-on in Tons of Add-ons can make battle backgrounds animated. xD

Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Andy on June 23, 2008, 01:45:45 pm
Thanks, Blizzard I got that ^o^

All I'm really looking for this time is the Rolling HP script  ;D
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Punn on June 23, 2008, 02:00:11 pm
I thing I like about it is that you can recover before the HP reaches zero..
Title: Re: HP script (Easy)
Post by: Andy on June 24, 2008, 09:28:37 am
That's part of the strategy. It's a really nice feature  ;D