Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Boba Fett Link on December 31, 2011, 09:08:40 pm

Title: [Request] Light Effects Script?
Post by: Boba Fett Link on December 31, 2011, 09:08:40 pm
Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew where to get Raziel's Light System Script or a similiar script?

I found this video of the script, however there is no links: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpfNBQiKX1w
Title: Re: [Request] Light Effects Script?
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on December 31, 2011, 11:48:56 pm
I can't seem to find it. I thought Raziel would have posted something like that, but I even checked his posts on HBGames.org, and there's nothing of that nature.

However, lights like that can be evented. We have a light event system here on our forums... Check that one out.

http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,6714.0.html

And if that doesn't work, there seems to be one on HBGames as well, but take a look at the aforementioned first.

http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=48&t=21314
Title: Re: [Request] Light Effects Script?
Post by: Boba Fett Link on January 01, 2012, 09:25:04 am
Neither of these was what I was looking for. I kind of wanted the rooms to be totally dark with light only around the player and lamps like in the video.

Thanks for the links, though. I'll probably use one of them if I can't find what I'm looking for.
Title: Re: [Request] Light Effects Script?
Post by: Trollses on January 06, 2012, 05:26:21 pm
Hey i think you want something like this! http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/topic/6479-looking-for-a-flashlightdarkness-script/
Title: Re: [Request] Light Effects Script?
Post by: Boba Fett Link on January 06, 2012, 06:49:55 pm
I already knew how to do that, there is a couple very similar tutorials here at chaosproject. However, what I am looking for is having multiple sources of light, like in the video. You can't do that with a picture, because all the pictures would cover each other up.

EDIT: So I ended up combining the event system at hbgames with Blizzard's Light following the player system. Instead of having the lights change the screen tone color they change the opacity of the circle of light image. And, of course, after I spend hours implementing it into my game and designing an entire dungeon based off it, I find a script that is exactly what I originally wanted.

I've decided I'm not going to use it, but here it is if anyone wants it. http://www.hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=63866 It heavily lags, though.