Chaos Project

Community => News / Suggestions / Feedback => Topic started by: Blizzard on June 22, 2008, 07:12:50 am

Title: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Blizzard on June 22, 2008, 07:12:50 am
Thank Starrokdkirby86 for that. :3

http://www.sendspace.com/file/52uico

He made an analysis of the last few months of CP's growth and I want to share it. Ultaflame made him do that. xD
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: DeathLock on June 22, 2008, 08:16:34 am
Well, seeing that CP heavily increased in March, but then died off in April, now it is increasing slowly in June. CP is slowly growing, very slow indeed.
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Blizzard on June 22, 2008, 08:22:45 am
The problem was the hosting and the couple of moves. If that didn't happen I assume that the rate of growth wouldn't have dropped that rapidly.
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: DeathLock on June 22, 2008, 08:31:28 am
Plus, the registration is kinda messed up, so the member registration will decrease. I don't know if the host fixed it.
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Blizzard on June 22, 2008, 09:27:18 am
Nope, they haven't. =/ The server can't run captcha image scripts. I'll most probably need to figure out something on my own. <_<;
I think I should be able to make such a script. I mean of course I would be able, it's just a question of time. >.<
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Valcos on June 22, 2008, 11:32:27 am
Yeh... that move really through off the forum.. because before the.. what eight moves? ??? (probably like 2 but not the point :P) It was becoming more popular  8).... the moves through me off as well i didnt know what the link to the site was for like a whole month! :o! Nice graphs Kirby  :D
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on June 22, 2008, 05:57:37 pm
Thanks much. ^^

My favorite part of the statistics area is the Interesting Trivia. I had to throw in a bunch of useless mathematical statistics just to keep something interesting. I'm rather surprised and a little joyed at how little the Advertising board has in its post quantity. In retrospect, that means the members here aren't here because they're for the advertisement board, they're here because they care about this board (Or want to leech off Blizzard's scripts).
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Vell on June 22, 2008, 09:12:11 pm
or spam the hell outta the spam section!
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Diokatsu on June 22, 2008, 09:31:31 pm
that's why im here!

and thats kinda neat! and the triva is cool :p
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Ryex on June 22, 2008, 11:11:19 pm
@bliz the captcha problem probably is not the server I'm on the same host and they work fine on my site take a look!   http://www.asantear.890m.com/Forum/index.php?action=register (http://www.asantear.890m.com/Forum/index.php?action=register)
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Blizzard on June 23, 2008, 04:10:16 am
I'm on server9, are you?
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Ryex on June 23, 2008, 03:13:00 pm
#4, but that shouldn't matter they should have all the same settings right?
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Blizzard on June 24, 2008, 05:21:44 am
I wouldn't say so as the image doesn't appear on CP. I wonder if I can change servers... I remember seeing something about that topic, but I'm not sure what it was. I think that they said that it wasn't possible and that we shouldn't ask.
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Ryex on June 24, 2008, 12:38:10 pm
that was most likely what it said.  isn't there an option is smf to disable the captcha images? I could of sworn I saw one...

EDIT:
yep under Registration/settings there is a drop down box for image complexity and there is a disable option though if you select that bots would be able to register so your choice
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Blizzard on June 24, 2008, 02:19:47 pm
I know of all that. What do you think? Would registration confirm mails help?
Title: Re: Chaos Project statistics
Post by: Ryex on June 25, 2008, 12:14:09 pm
ya normally they do