Chaos Project

General => Chat => Express your Creativity => Topic started by: MarkHest on January 27, 2012, 09:07:18 am

Title: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: MarkHest on January 27, 2012, 09:07:18 am
I finaly finnished the final version of Eilzie, the main charakter in my RPG Maker XP Game The Missing Part (http://markhest-projects.webs.com/themissingpartrmxp.htm)
I liked this new version a lot. It's more smooth and softer, however the earlier version is more original. I like both version, but i'm gona go with this one becouse she's more beutifull in this one :3

The whole project took a total of 8 hours to record, i added a 32x speed up that made it 15 minutes. I altso added music to the video from The Missing Part.

It would be realy nice if you could go to the video on youtube and press:
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/Like.png)  (http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/Favourite.png) (http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/Sub.png)


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55IkZkh7yBA&feature=channel_video_title


The Evolution of Eilzie:

Oldest Version: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/002-Fighter02.png)

First Custom Version: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/EilzieColour2.jpg)

Tidied First Custom Version: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/EilzieColour.png)

Remade First Custom Version: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/EilziePNGbigger.png)

New Custom Version: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/EilziePNG.png)


FINAL version: ShowHide
(http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb342/MarkHest/EliezieaNEW-1.png)


Improvements has been made during the time i started making my game! :)

Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: SBR* on January 27, 2012, 05:48:04 pm
I really like it :). However, I think her color tone is overall too light. Also, I really liked the pupils. But all in all, it's amazing.
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: Dweller on January 28, 2012, 01:26:03 am
Nice video and great work.

One thing about the light source and the shadows. The head and body light source comes from the right but the legs light source comes from the left. I think if you fix legs shadows to a right light source the global picture will increase in consistency (just a suggerence).
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: Ryex on January 28, 2012, 04:15:18 am
wow Mark, that is really impressive for being done with a mouse.
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: MarkHest on January 28, 2012, 06:35:10 am
Quote from: Ryex on January 28, 2012, 04:15:18 am
wow Mark, that is really impressive for being done with a mouse.


@Ryex: *Squeeek* :^_^':


@Dweller: Yeah, i never realy thought about the light source. I just made the shadings without realy thinking :P I guess i'll change it sometime in the future ^^


Altso, thank you everyone :)
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: tSwitch on January 31, 2012, 12:17:18 am
Not bad, but try to be careful with your anatomy.
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: MarkHest on January 31, 2012, 08:18:39 am
Quote from: NAMKCOR on January 31, 2012, 12:17:18 am
Not bad, but try to be careful with your anatomy.


What does Anatomy mean? The form of the body?
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: tSwitch on January 31, 2012, 12:42:18 pm
Yes.

There are a lot of anatomical issues with the picture, the body doesn't quite work that way.  I'd suggest starting out pictures by drawing a sort of skeleton with shapes that gives the basic form of your character before you work on adding details to it.

Something like this (http://www.bakaneko.com/howto/figure/anatomy2/images/007_muscles.jpg), not necessarily as detailed, or that pose, but I hope you get what I mean.
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: MarkHest on January 31, 2012, 02:18:59 pm
Yeah i get it.
Although i never pay TOO much attension to that part as it's manga style.
I guess i should improve that, which i will as time goes.

Thanks NAMCKOR ^^
Title: Re: Full Photoshop Drawing of the New Eilzie Battler
Post by: tSwitch on January 31, 2012, 03:42:34 pm
I'd suggest starting to pay attention to your anatomy immediately, actually.  
You'll see your art improve vastly by keeping relatively proper body ratios.

Here's a few simpler versions, more like what I use.
body study 1 (http://www.howtodrawmanga.com/howtodraw/jdillon/pics/fbody14.gif)
body study 2 (http://www.dragoart.com/tuts/pics/13/1451/6084/how-to-draw-anime-body-figures-step-2.jpg)

Edit:

"Redline with image": ShowHide

(http://i.imgur.com/kvAQL.jpg)


"Redline without image": ShowHide

(http://i.imgur.com/DXwek.png)


I tried to keep your style in mind when doing the redline, as well as the original intended pose.  As a result, it's a bit shortish because of the head size, but it's a bit more realistic.  Now that I think about it, I also probably should have moved the right foot back some to create a stable footing.