Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: TheCableGuy on February 10, 2012, 11:32:59 pm

Title: Problem using CCOA's UMS
Post by: TheCableGuy on February 10, 2012, 11:32:59 pm
I Installed CCOA's UMS and found out it disables my Doors, specifically my Transfer Character command. my Door event works right up til the transfer player command but then just cancels it.

Anyone know what's causing this?

Another problem I noticed is that make commands within Events to ignore their assigned order and try to occur all at once, such as flipping switches that I put at the end of the event FIRST.

EDIT: OK. I had an inspiration and Moved the Script up the rest of my scripts and it seamed to fix it.

BUT I'd like to know WHY did this fix it? What caused it in the first place? I'd really like to know for next time something like that happens.
Title: Re: Problem using CCOA's UMS
Post by: ForeverZer0 on February 12, 2012, 08:34:19 pm
Because certain scripts overwrite/modify methods of ones before it. This is why most script authors give instructions on where there script is to be placed, and will even include instructions where to put them relative to other common community scripts.