Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: yoshixpert on June 26, 2008, 01:21:13 am

Title: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: yoshixpert on June 26, 2008, 01:21:13 am
i'm using vista and i have a problem when playing animations on RPG Maker XP. everything else works just fine, but sometimes when i play an animation, RPG Maker Xp freezes. this also happens when i'm playing other people's games, like on Blizzard's Chaos Project when someone uses the skill Summoning. any help?
Title: Re: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: Blizzard on June 26, 2008, 05:52:27 am
Have you tried running RMXP as administrator?

right click -> Run as... -> Administrator
Title: Re: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: Phasedscar on June 26, 2008, 05:56:56 am
Not sure if Vista gives you the option, but trying running it as a Win98 or WinXP application.  I set my older programs to run it like that and it causes less errors.
Title: Re: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: yoshixpert on June 26, 2008, 02:01:31 pm
i tried your suggestions, it didn't work.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( thx for the help anyway.
Title: Re: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: Juan on June 27, 2008, 12:25:01 am
@Yoshixpert About Blizzard's gamethats weird I use vista and had no problems with animation. About rpg maker xp I couldn't even download rpg maker xp with vista from any website. I'm guessing Windows VIsta doesn't work with rpg maker xp.
Title: Re: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: Blizzard on June 27, 2008, 07:27:42 am
I know of many people who were actually able to install and use RMXP on Vista without major problems except that one with running apps as admin. Sorry, but I don't know what's wrong.
Title: Re: rpg maker xp help on vista
Post by: Fantasist on July 03, 2008, 01:06:04 pm
I used RMXP on Vista without problems. I DID have some in the beginning, the same problem you're having. Here's what I did. Go to the properties of the rmxp exe file. Go to the 'Compatibility' tab and enable all of these (1) Run in compatibility mode with WinXP SP2, (2) Run as Administrator.

And in case you're using PKE or any non-official version, get the RGSS102E.dll, rename it to RGSS100J.dll and paste it in the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Replace when prompted. The 100J dll is not compatible with Vista.