Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: sasofrass on February 20, 2012, 04:14:40 pm

Title: Idea
Post by: sasofrass on February 20, 2012, 04:14:40 pm
I had an idea and a vision for the longest time of what I thought a good RPG Maker engine would be for me, and my conclusion was it needed to have some sort of ABS in place. So I went ahead and played with photoshop and made this:

(http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31350368/rmxp/idea.png)

Basically, it integrates the enemy creation page with the BlizzABS enemy page, but instead of having specific enemies, this would allow each individual event be it's own enemy with it's own stats, abilities, etc.

Under the Actions page would be the combo, attack type, charge type, spells, etc.
Under the Efficiency page would be the element and state efficiency's.

Another thing is I do like the RMVX style of mapping, but not the graphics themselves. I enjoy the multiple layers and higher detail, but I wish RMXP had all the maps combined into one.

I also wish that RPG Maker had more stats, like Critical chance (instead of it being integrated with Agility) and Stamina (max health increase).

Cooldowns would also be wonderful for your spells, and have more creative options with spells, like have a built-in proc section, like casting has a % chance to do something.

Idk, just my ideas and thoughts. I would love to see something like this, but I could never do it myself. Guess it's just my dream!
Title: Re: Idea
Post by: The Amazing Link on February 20, 2012, 04:46:57 pm
Looks great.  I think that would be a great addition to RPG maker.  I don't know how to do it either, though, but maybe someone else does.
Title: Re: Idea
Post by: sasofrass on February 21, 2012, 02:29:11 am
I have no clue where you would begin to do that, but it would be very cool!

Like, it has been a dream for someone to take the RMXP engine, edit it like that, make it an ABS, and built in an online portion all in the engine, easy to set up and everything. Like, I want to learn how to design engines just so I can do that lol. #nerdtalk
Title: Re: Idea
Post by: Blizzard on February 21, 2012, 02:32:12 am
While this can't really be a native feature in ARC, using the plugin system of ARC would allow this. :) Maybe winkio and me can work something out after ARC has been released and the plugin system has been finished (since it won't be fully supported in the first release).
Title: Re: Idea
Post by: PhoenixFire on February 23, 2012, 10:32:01 am
That does look pretty cool, and, I wouldn't mind seeing it as a plugin for the ARC system. Also, I'm holding off game dev for you guys, so hurry up!!  <3   Anywho, I would like to add my two cents in, and say the design looks to be very good, and I like your added thoughts about cooldown, stamina, etc. I would say keep up the designing, and let the programmers make it a reality for you. Preferably not me however, as I don't know what they're doing for ARC plugins systems.

@Blizz and Winkio: I really do think he has something here, so I would definitely add this in at some point.
Title: Re: Idea
Post by: sasofrass on February 25, 2012, 06:42:35 pm
Quote from: Darth Asshole on February 21, 2012, 02:32:12 am
While this can't really be a native feature in ARC, using the plugin system of ARC would allow this. :) Maybe winkio and me can work something out after ARC has been released and the plugin system has been finished (since it won't be fully supported in the first release).


This would make me take your hand in marriage.