Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Event Systems => Event System Requests => Topic started by: paragan on June 28, 2008, 07:45:45 pm

Title: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: paragan on June 28, 2008, 07:45:45 pm
system: RMXP
I want to make things what are related to relationships, for example: to kiss, to hug or give someone punch.

Thx for every advice




Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: Ryex on June 30, 2008, 11:03:32 am
do you want these to be options in a menu? like you click on the event and a menu or slection box pops up and then you can slect what to do?

or are you talking about something else
Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: GAX on June 30, 2008, 06:38:57 pm
OMG, if you are using RMXP to make a Dating Sim, may I ask are you doing it RPG style or are you doing it Visual Novel style like I'm Gonna Serve you, a Maid's Story, and many other hentai games that (guess who) has played?  I can help you out a bit in terms of making either kind, but I think what you're after is an affection script that would log a character's affection depending on simple actions.  I could actually write an event system for this, it's not too difficult, but you need to learn variables and you'd probably need a menu system made to reflect it, and a lot of conditional branches.
Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: Starrodkirby86 on June 30, 2008, 07:16:51 pm
Quote from: GuardianAngelX72 on June 30, 2008, 06:38:57 pm
OMG, if you are using RMXP to make a Dating Sim, may I ask are you doing it RPG style or are you doing it Visual Novel style like I'm Gonna Serve you, a Maid's Story, and many other hentai games that (guess who) has played?  I can help you out a bit in terms of making either kind, but I think what you're after is an affection script that would log a character's affection depending on simple actions.  I could actually write an event system for this, it's not too difficult, but you need to learn variables and you'd probably need a menu system made to reflect it, and a lot of conditional branches.
You and Diokatsu would make perfect friends. He has done a lot of dating sims, at least claimed so...Besides, we all know everyone's in it for the *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge*.

Enterbrain's former company name (Or at least former corporation), ASCII created a Dating Sim Maker. However, with the power of XP, I'm sure it's much easier. The only hard part would be drawing the smex.
Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: GAX on June 30, 2008, 07:26:11 pm
I have an engine for making Visual Novels like Dating Sims, so yeah, depending on what you're looking for, just speak up.
Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: paragan on July 01, 2008, 09:08:20 am
re: Ryex
Quotedo you want these to be options in a menu? like you click on the event and a menu or slection box pops up and then you can slect what to do?
or are you talking about something else


No, i imagine it will show during game animations /for example you make something what makes her happy she will spontaneously kiss you /, but dont know how to do it. I was thinking about emoticons or maybe in game animations /set move route?/ not sure how to make it look nice.   

re :GuardianAngelX
Im trying to focus on epic unlinear story, but relations between characters will be important too. If you make some of them friends/ enemys or some girls as lovers /no this is not hentai game, it will be maximal 13,15+ maybe some flirting, kissing/ and these relations will affect how some story lines will end. For example you help/betray someone and in critical situation he will help you too/ change side/ commit suicide  ... 
Quote
I have an engine for making Visual Novels like Dating Sims, so yeah, depending on what you're looking for, just speak up.


You mean Ren'Py Visual Novel Engine or else? They are great  but you cannot make there battles, looting  ;)


Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: Ryex on July 01, 2008, 12:32:49 pm
oh i get it well it very simple if you have the rich graphics. for example you could have a Heart/love emotion animation made  and then display that. or if you want to get a little more complicated have a sprit set map of the person leaning forward to kiss someone and then treat it like a door animation.
the spirit set would look like this

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a400/ryex/Exsamples/untitled2.jpg)


then you would change the spirit of the kissing event to your kissing spirit and turn it like this


Move Event*
     face down
     face left
     face right
     face up
     face right
     face left
     face down


then you would change the spirit back to the original event sprite
then the kissing animation would be done.

get it?
if you have any more questions feel free to ask

*Please note that the wording may be different in the actual event commands but that is the general idea.
Title: Re: [request] Kissing scene
Post by: GAX on July 01, 2008, 05:12:40 pm
Ah, okay, and yeah, I've got Ren'PY and another one saved up here on this computer.

Alright, if you're looking for an affection system, I've got a tutorial in the works that should help you out.  I'd suggest messing with the basic framework I set out, you might be able to create a pretty good system from it.