Chaos Project

RPG Maker => Tutorials => Topic started by: Simplent on February 29, 2012, 07:49:26 pm

Title: [XP] How to change icon dimensions?
Post by: Simplent on February 29, 2012, 07:49:26 pm
Hi everyone. I made icons that are a little too big and I don't want to manually resize each one since there are a few hundred. How do I change what I guess would be called the "icon restriction size" for RMXP, so that the icons don't get cut off halfway? Thanks!
Title: Re: [XP] How to change icon dimensions?
Post by: ForeverZer0 on March 01, 2012, 12:18:02 am
There isn't really a simple way to do it. You have to manually modify every method that draws icons. If they are taller than 32 pixels, you will pretty much have to modify the entire way that text is drawn, since that is the default height, and if not the icons would overlap each other even if you accounted for a larger size.

I would strongly suggest you find a program to batch resize them. You are not going to find a script that even resembles compatibility out there to do it. I can make a program to do it real quick. Give me a few minutes.


EDIT:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20787370/Applications/IconResizer.exe

Here it is. You can resize an entire directory at a time to any size you wish, in either PNG or JPG. Hope that helps. It reads .png, .jpg, and .bmp files.
Output images will be placed in a folder in the programs directory called "RESIZED". 


Title: Re: [XP] How to change icon dimensions?
Post by: Simplent on March 01, 2012, 09:22:47 pm
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on March 01, 2012, 12:18:02 am
There isn't really a simple way to do it. You have to manually modify every method that draws icons. If they are taller than 32 pixels, you will pretty much have to modify the entire way that text is drawn, since that is the default height, and if not the icons would overlap each other even if you accounted for a larger size.

I would strongly suggest you find a program to batch resize them. You are not going to find a script that even resembles compatibility out there to do it. I can make a program to do it real quick. Give me a few minutes.


EDIT:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20787370/Applications/IconResizer.exe

Here it is. You can resize an entire directory at a time to any size you wish, in either PNG or JPG. Hope that helps. It reads .png, .jpg, and .bmp files.
Output images will be placed in a folder in the programs directory called "RESIZED". 





I love you, no homo. You saved my game, I wish I could say more than a thank you! You're the best.