Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: Zexion on March 15, 2012, 12:04:22 am

Title: Blizz abs Defending?
Post by: Zexion on March 15, 2012, 12:04:22 am
How would I set it up to where I press the defend button, it plays a defend animation sprite, and once over it stops defending? Kind of like a 'quick' defend.
Also how would i make defending completely block an attack, or repel it.
Title: Re: Blizz abs Defending?
Post by: ShadowPierce on March 15, 2012, 12:42:49 am
You, sir, really need to read the manual first... :facepalm:
Title: Re: Blizz abs Defending?
Post by: Zexion on March 15, 2012, 01:42:16 am
lol yeah, I saw the box that says Full Defend and I thought... damn ... noob

but still How would I make the quick defence part?
Title: Re: Blizz abs Defending?
Post by: Blizzard on March 15, 2012, 02:16:21 am
There is a defend animation option as far as I remember beside the sprite animation thing.
Title: Re: Blizz abs Defending?
Post by: ShadowPierce on March 15, 2012, 02:26:43 am
I think that by quick defend, he means that defending cannot last for more than a second or something like that... :/

Maybe the quick solution would be to disable the defend button after a number of frames then re-enable it after a few more frames? That can be achieved with parallel common events and a bit of scripting... ;)

BTW, I look forward to playing your game Zexion... :D
Title: Re: Blizz abs Defending?
Post by: Zexion on March 15, 2012, 04:15:04 am
Ooo , and yeah i meant that it only defends for the complete animation and stops. I'm going to try that shadow..after i figure out how to make 8-directional frames work with blizz abs. I've managed to get my 8x8 charset to work without abs, but when i added it, it wouldn't show the up-right down-left etc. directions.

worse thing is i don't know what to change because the code is kinda different from the default.