Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: AJNR95 on April 07, 2012, 02:51:30 pm

Title: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: AJNR95 on April 07, 2012, 02:51:30 pm
Introduction
The script I would like is a window that updates on the screen and limits the player's attacking/shooting.
Blizzard ABS has the ranged weapon, and the ranged weapon that consumes an item. However, the player
can continuously shoot until the consumed item reaches 0.


Example
The top image of the first spoiler is a screen capture of the actual game.
The bottom image of the first spoiler has a simple window edited in with Paint .NET
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/AJNR95/forumchaos.jpg)

The second spoiler contains the visuals of Optional 1 and Optional 2
Within both spoilers, there are 2 numbers within the edited window.
The top number represents TOTAL Ammunition, where the bottom represents the CURRENT Ammunition within the "Magazine"
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i1082.photobucket.com/albums/j366/AJNR95/forumchaos2-1.png)



Information
How I would like it to work
  • The number of ammunition (bullets) changes to the weapon equipped
  • The window disappears when equipping a weapon not listed as "BOW_ARROW" or simply, a melee weapon
  • Optional 1 The weapon icon changes to the weapon equipped
  • If Optional 1 is Invalid If this is the case, the window can go without a weapon icon
  • Optional 2 The graphic for the bullets changes for the weapon equipped
  • If Optional 2 is Invalid If this is the case, the bullet's graphic can all be the same
  • The window can be hidden with an Advanced Script Command



Scripts I am using

  • LiTTleDRAgo's Blizz ABS ENEMY HP METER
  • Blizzard's Rapid Fire for Blizz-ABS
  • LiTTleDRAgo's Smooth Scroller
  • Blizzard's Z-HUD for Blizz-ABS
  • Nathmatt's BlizzABS Battle Music
  • RPGManiac3030's Weapon Equip HUD for Z-HUD
  • Game_Guy's Maximum Amount Modifier



Note
This is not a major or serious project. If you wish to make a script then I would be glad,
but it is something not to be stressed on. If you would like to test your script on this specific
game, it is in the Resources Thread under the name, "Horror Template"

If there are issues with the current outline of Ammunition I've given, I can change it to a Cry of Fear
Ammunition outline, where the item does not represent 1 Bullet, but 1 Magazine, and is reduced by 1
when all the bullets are shot. However, this will need the item consumption in BABS Part 1 to be overwritten.
Title: Re: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: G_G on April 07, 2012, 03:18:08 pm
You should be able to accomplish this with a simple Common Event. (Unless of course I completely misunderstood this)
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i44.tinypic.com/i6m5if.png)


Though I can't help you with your HUD request, hopefully someone else can fill that part in.
Title: Re: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: AJNR95 on April 07, 2012, 04:53:30 pm
But the Common Event there does not initiate the attack nor cancel it.
I was just asking if there was a way to make it like the player has a magazine
that unloads when shooting and needs to be reloaded when empty.

Something like:
Variable: Bullets > 0 ?
 $Initiate Attack
   Variable: Bullets -1
Else
 $Cannot Attack
    Wait 20 Frames
       Variable: Bullets +12
          Change Item: Magazine -1

Edit:
The Magazine Window does not have to be part of the Z-HUD, it can be it's own window
Title: Re: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: Zexion on April 08, 2012, 02:03:32 am
Off topic: This is probably the most well put-together script request I've ever seen.
Title: Re: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: AJNR95 on April 08, 2012, 05:04:59 pm
Quote from: Zexion on April 08, 2012, 02:03:32 am
Off topic: This is probably the most well put-together script request I've ever seen.


Thanks, do I get a trophy? (http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/Yokosumi/Reaction%20Images/Awesomeface/4chan-happy-face.png) (http://www.thebest404pageever.com/swf/Octagon.swf)

Click the happy face :D
Title: Re: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: Boba Fett Link on April 09, 2012, 02:48:45 pm
Quote from: AJNR95 on April 08, 2012, 05:04:59 pm

Thanks, do I get a trophy? (http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd238/Yokosumi/Reaction%20Images/Awesomeface/4chan-happy-face.png) (http://www.thebest404pageever.com/swf/Octagon.swf)


Yes, here it is.
Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://www.corporate-awards.com/common/images/products/main/Olivia-Large-Gold-Metal-Cup-Trophy.jpg)

But its for providing that link, not for making a good script request




Quote from: AJNR95 on April 07, 2012, 04:53:30 pm
But the Common Event there does not initiate the attack nor cancel it.


You could just disable the attack button.
$game_system.attack_button = false 

And then re-enable it after they reload.
Title: Re: [BABS] Magazine Ammunition
Post by: AJNR95 on April 09, 2012, 05:22:59 pm
Quote from: Boba Fett Link on April 09, 2012, 02:48:45 pm
But its for providing that link, not for making a good script request


Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://okayface.com/okay-face.jpg)


Thank you Boba, I'm confident I can make an elaborate event system to replace a simple script.
But there's the issue with the Window, not really an issue, a request that is yet to be completed.
I'll see if I can create another elaborate event system that uses just pictures for the time being.

One question, does an abundance of pictures within the game cause the game to fall short in frames?
Since if I can't get a scripted Window, the evented Window will consist of constant Conditionals and Images.
And Blizz-ABS Rapid Fire and multiple enemies are the only source of creating a "choppy" frame rate.