Chaos Project

Community => Welcome! => Topic started by: GrimTrigger on April 08, 2012, 12:04:52 am

Title: A wild New Guy appears...
Post by: GrimTrigger on April 08, 2012, 12:04:52 am
Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum, but I've been tooling around with RMXP for a little while (on and off for a couple months.)

I'm currently working on a game that allows the player to control a great deal of how the game progresses, and how the characters develop. I have no knowledge of scripting, but I've gotten decent at eventing. The only skill I seem to be proud of is mapping, which I take almost a little too seriously. (What! This rocky ledge would never exist in real life!?! REDO!!!!)

Currently my game includes:

*8 playable characters, each with their own unique base-class

*Class promotions at a certain level, which allow the player to choose a direction the character can grow in (Berserker for high damage, Juugernaut for HP boost and ability to tank (hence my "taunt" script request made earlier)) The idea is to choose classes to compliment the other choices, so team building can add lots of replay value, IMHO.

*Hero class promotion decided by three variables, which track player choices to play as a loose cannon bad-***, a logical tactician, or a heroic leader.

*Scripts found on this forum, such as Tons of Addons, Stormtronics CMS, ATES(for day and night), Easy Party Switcher by Blizzard, Dynamic Sounds by Ryex, and Blacksmith Shop by ForeverZer0 (which loves to cause me trouble, but is a central focus of my game, thus well worth it.)


I'm working on the storyline right now, which is always troubling for me. If anyone is interested, I can make a thread about this game in more detail. I'm always open for suggestions.




Nice to meet everyone.
Title: Re: A wild New Guy appears...
Post by: MarkHest on April 08, 2012, 12:17:00 am
Welcome man! Nice to have you with us :buddy:
Title: Re: A wild New Guy appears...
Post by: ShadowPierce on April 08, 2012, 02:29:55 am
Welcome to the forum that will make all RM's obsolete! Have fun! :D
Title: Re: A wild New Guy appears...
Post by: SBR* on April 08, 2012, 04:17:28 am
Welcome to CP :). I'm quite interested in that game of yours; perhaps you could make a post about it? Not only does it draw attention to your game, so it will be more popular when it's released, but it might also motivate you.
Title: Re: A wild New Guy appears...
Post by: Ryex on April 08, 2012, 06:33:35 am
Welcome to Chaos!
Title: Re: A wild New Guy appears...
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 08, 2012, 11:51:12 am
:welcome: