Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Troubleshooting => Topic started by: Vexus on April 13, 2012, 12:39:02 pm

Title: [RESOLVED] Opacity
Post by: Vexus on April 13, 2012, 12:39:02 pm
Using this script: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,114.0.html

I am trying badly on finding a way on editing the opacity but it's no use since it remains the same, seems like I'm doing something wrong :/

Where do I need to edit to change the back_opacity to 200?

Thanks
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Futendra on April 13, 2012, 01:28:19 pm
Okay, I found out what to do to change the back opacity of the little menu on the right:
Search for:

  def main
   @command_window = Window_Command.new(224, BlizzCFG::DistroCommands)
   @command_window.y = (BlizzCFG::WINDOW_MODE ? 256 : 0)
   actor = $game_party.actors[0]
   @status_window = Window_DistributionStatus.new(actor)
   @distro_window = Window_Distribution.new(actor)
   @dp_window = Window_DistributionPoints.new(actor)
   Graphics.transition
   loop do


and change it to:
  def main
   @command_window = Window_Command.new(224, BlizzCFG::DistroCommands)
   @command_window.y = (BlizzCFG::WINDOW_MODE ? 256 : 0)
   @command_window.back_opacity = 255 # opacity
   actor = $game_party.actors[0]
   @status_window = Window_DistributionStatus.new(actor)
   @distro_window = Window_Distribution.new(actor)
   @dp_window = Window_DistributionPoints.new(actor)
   Graphics.transition
   loop do






Okay, now for the sure window:

Search for:

  def create_confirmation_window
   @sure_window = Window_Sure.new(256, BlizzCFG::AreYouSureCommands)
 end


change it to:

  def create_confirmation_window
   @sure_window = Window_Sure.new(256, BlizzCFG::AreYouSureCommands)
   @sure_window.back_opacity = 255 #opacity
 end


Just do as nath said
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: nathmatt on April 13, 2012, 01:43:29 pm
change the opacity of all the windows? if so

in
class Scene_Points


below
@command_window = Window_Command.new(224, BlizzCFG::DistroCommands)
@command_window.y = (BlizzCFG::WINDOW_MODE ? 256 : 0)
actor = $game_party.actors[0]
@status_window = Window_DistributionStatus.new(actor)
@distro_window = Window_Distribution.new(actor)
@dp_window = Window_DistributionPoints.new(actor)


put

@command_window.back_opacity = 200
@status_window.back_opacity = 200
@distro_window.back_opacity = 200
@dp_window.back_opacity = 200
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Futendra on April 13, 2012, 01:46:39 pm
Quote from: nathmatt on April 13, 2012, 01:43:29 pm
change the opacity of all the windows? if so

in
class Scene_Points


below
@command_window = Window_Command.new(224, BlizzCFG::DistroCommands)
@command_window.y = (BlizzCFG::WINDOW_MODE ? 256 : 0)
actor = $game_party.actors[0]
@status_window = Window_DistributionStatus.new(actor)
@distro_window = Window_Distribution.new(actor)
@dp_window = Window_DistributionPoints.new(actor)


put

@command_window.back_opacity = 200
@status_window.back_opacity = 200
@distro_window.back_opacity = 200
@dp_window.back_opacity = 200



For my zero knowledge of scripting I was very close and I was still looking for all the windows, and I would have put them below every creation of a window.

Spoiler: ShowHide
(http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/002/611/close_enough.png)
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Vexus on April 13, 2012, 02:27:14 pm
That's what I did when I was experimenting but for some odd reason the opacity remained (And still remains) the same.
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Futendra on April 13, 2012, 05:00:51 pm
Quote from: Vexus on April 13, 2012, 02:27:14 pm
That's what I did when I was experimenting but for some odd reason the opacity remained (And still remains) the same.
Try looking up each window and adding the line of back opacity below it, I did that and it worked.
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Vexus on April 15, 2012, 05:29:52 pm
Don't know what you mean I placed these types of lines everywhere there is the window call (At least all I could find) still opacity remains the same.

I thought at first it was maybe a script conflict but I tried the script on a new project and the opacity remains the same :/
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 15, 2012, 05:58:26 pm
There is nothing but blackness behind the windows by default. If you want the map to show through or something, you need to add it there. Aside from that, changing the opacity will do nothing make the windows appear darker. Use this to add the map.

class Scene_Points

 alias mapback_main main
 def main
   @mapback = Sprite_Map.new
   mapback_init
   @mapback.dispose
 end
end
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Vexus on April 15, 2012, 06:13:53 pm
[Edit]

Nvm fixed it, the problem was Sprite_Map should be Spriteset_Map.
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 15, 2012, 06:53:55 pm
Oops, yeah.

Does that fix the "opacity" problem?
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: Vexus on April 15, 2012, 06:59:58 pm
Oh yea thanks for the help :D

I'll try experimenting on my custom equip screen maybe I can make it's opacity work too (Tough I'm kinda scratching my head as it's split in many pieces I'll have to see from other custom equip screens to see where they added that little piece of code.)
Title: Re: Opacity
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 15, 2012, 07:17:34 pm
Sounds good, glad we could help.

* Marks topic resolved *