Well I'm trying to use this script:
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,5756.0.html
But this small line of code conflicts with it:
http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/?showtopic=8475
The 2nd link let's you edit game map and your able to put events with names # and they will never be updated but it seems to conflict with the event ai script.
Error is:
(http://img848.imageshack.us/img848/4786/error1z.png)
Also for some reason when you use the event ai script on an event with random movement or custom movement said event doesn't go towards the player but keeps on walking normally.
Anyone can help?
Try using this script. It uses script calls instead of event names, as well as allowing to do anything, not just switches.
http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php/topic,9516.0.html
I used that previously but it requires me a parallel process per monster and I already have a lot of parallel process events don't really want to add more unless necessary.
try removing step 2 and using this script instead has the same function
class Game_Event
alias fix_update update
def update
fix_update if @event.name != '#'
end
end
[Edit]
Nvm I figured it out and it fixed itself so thanks :)
Any idea about having events moving but when the player goes near the event follows it instead of trying to follow but since it has random move it goes back to moving random?
Thanks
so you want random movement when you get within range they follow you if you get out of range they go back to random movement
i just updated it so it runs better use \c[range,target] for chasing events better defined in the instructions
edit typo fix
I'll see the updated version, thanks :)
What I meant is currently the script only works if said event is "fixed" else they attempt to follow but since they have the random movement or even custom move they screw up. After trying to follow you the random move or custom move kicks in and they go back to walking in their previous movement type.