Chaos Project

General => Entertainment => Topic started by: Blizzard on April 22, 2012, 04:20:16 am

Title: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: Blizzard on April 22, 2012, 04:20:16 am
Just wow. O_O

http://9gag.com/gag/3934072

It totally works. I found the missing star. If you have trouble with your eye focus in the star picture like I did, look at one specific star (there is one slightly off left down from the center that did it for me) and your eyes should immediately focus properly.
Make sure the screen you're looking at is not slanted in relation to your eyes or the combined picture will be irregular as well.
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: MarkHest on April 22, 2012, 07:16:00 am
Holy fucking shit! That is amazing! It feels so cool somehow when you actually ajust the two blury pictures together and somehow gets it together into one picture that you can fully focus on.

That shows just how amazing the brain is.


P.S: I actually found the star.
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: Ryex on April 22, 2012, 08:51:50 am
... it doesn't work for me.  I can focus the picture just fine I do it all the time for 3D cross eyed viewing. but my brain doesn't "blink" the differences it just makes the missing thing dominate.
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: Calintz on April 22, 2012, 10:59:04 am
this is really something. very neat indeed!
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 22, 2012, 02:04:15 pm
(http://www.troll.me/images/omg-rage-face/this-changes-everything-thumb.jpg)
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: SBR* on April 22, 2012, 02:54:30 pm
For some reason, I can't cross my eyes like that.
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: Blizzard on April 22, 2012, 03:14:48 pm
Try to look at your own nose.
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: Futendra on April 22, 2012, 03:16:03 pm
I can't cross the two images to one, when I try it all I see is a big blur of blury blurriness
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: stripe103 on April 22, 2012, 04:44:35 pm
Same. I can't seem to get focus when I cross my eyes. So none of these 3D images work for me. :(
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 22, 2012, 04:49:06 pm
It takes concentration.
Do what Blizz said and kinda just cross your eyes. While concentrating on maintaining that, simply concentrate on the center image, don't really try to move your eyes, just think about it, and your eyes will focus on their own. At least this is kinda how it worked for me. More of a matter of changing your focus with your mind than physically trying it. You eyes will do it, but let them do it on their own without your input. I dunno if that even makes sense. Oh, well.
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: SBR* on April 22, 2012, 04:56:42 pm
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 22, 2012, 04:49:06 pm
It takes concentration.
Do what Blizz said and kinda just cross your eyes. While concentrating on maintaining that, simply concentrate on the center image, don't really try to move your eyes, just think about it, and your eyes will focus on their own. At least this is kinda how it worked for me. More of a matter of changing your focus with your mind than physically trying it. You eyes will do it, but let them do it on their own without your input. I dunno if that even makes sense. Oh, well.


Wow, that actually worked! However, now my eyes begin to hurt before the images fully overlap each other and I have to blink, so the images reset...
Title: Re: Lifehack: Spot the difference
Post by: Blizzard on April 22, 2012, 05:16:41 pm
The closer you are to the screen, the better the overlap works. But it's also harder to keep it up as the eyes start to hurt a lot quicker.