Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Troubleshooting / Help => Topic started by: Andreavnn on April 26, 2012, 11:03:54 pm

Title: Project Logo
Post by: Andreavnn on April 26, 2012, 11:03:54 pm
Where does everyone make or get their project logos? Are you just creating them with GIMP or something? Been seeing all kinds of neat ones and I think I would like to have one for my project too.  :shy:
Title: Re: Project Logo
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 26, 2012, 11:08:47 pm
Likely either Photoshop or GIMP, although any image editor would work, such as Paint.NET, etc.
Photoshop is without a doubt the most powerful, but it has a bit of a learning curve.
GIMP is somewhat of a compromise between ease of use, and powerful functionality. Its power is eclipsed by Photoshop, but all the tools needed to create a nice logo are there.

No matter what tool you are using, you still need to have the artistic talent to make it, though.
Title: Re: Project Logo
Post by: Andreavnn on April 26, 2012, 11:34:52 pm
Okay, I figured that I was just wondering what everyone used.  :haha:
Title: Re: Project Logo
Post by: ForeverZer0 on April 26, 2012, 11:45:29 pm
If recommend Photoshop. Its overwhelming at first, but keep googling and following tutorials to the letter, and within a short time, you will find yourself doing things without instructions automatically. It just takes the initial investment of time and determination getting to that point, as with any other skill.
Title: Re: Project Logo
Post by: ShadowPierce on April 27, 2012, 12:39:05 am
Quote from: ForeverZer0 on April 26, 2012, 11:45:29 pm
If recommend Photoshop. Its overwhelming at first, but keep googling and following tutorials to the letter, and within a short time, you will find yourself doing things without instructions automatically. It just takes the initial investment of time and determination getting to that point, as with any other skill.

Agreed. Although I use GIMP because it is easy to use, it still doesn't compare to Photoshop when it comes to functionality. Try searching tutorials for applying textures, symbols and creating your own custom font then apply it to your own project logo. ;)

Mine was made by taking another game's font and modifying it a bit (thanks Fantasist! :haha: )...

Hope you have fun making your own logo... :3
Title: Re: Project Logo
Post by: Andreavnn on April 27, 2012, 12:40:42 am
Okay, thanks everyone. I will be using my google-fu tonight!
Title: Re: Project Logo
Post by: Zexion on April 27, 2012, 02:40:28 am
I use gimp. Sure i'd probably get higher-res results with photoshop, but I can still make great logos in gimp, with way less confusion.