Chaos Project

RPG Maker => General Discussion => Topic started by: Heretic86 on May 16, 2012, 06:10:42 pm

Title: XP - Autotiles as Event Graphics
Post by: Heretic86 on May 16, 2012, 06:10:42 pm
Just wondering if there was an "easy" way to set an Events Graphics to be an Autotile? 

Yeah, I know it is kind of a silly thing to ask how to do, but I just found out last night that if you double clicked on an Autotile on the left, you could manually select the tile graphic!  How dumb am I?  Um, dont answer that.  Grr, second thought, just answer the first question, not the second one...
Title: Re: XP - Autotiles as Event Graphics
Post by: Blizzard on May 16, 2012, 06:33:10 pm
Nope, there's not way to set an autotile. The reason is mostly because the engine wouldn't know which variant of the autotile should be displayed.

Also OMG YOU'RE BACK.
Title: Re: XP - Autotiles as Event Graphics
Post by: Boba Fett Link on May 16, 2012, 06:43:01 pm
Quote from: Heretic86 on May 16, 2012, 06:10:42 pm
Yeah, I know it is kind of a silly thing to ask how to do, but I just found out last night that if you double clicked on an Autotile on the left, you could manually select the tile graphic!  How dumb am I?  Um, dont answer that.  Grr, second thought, just answer the first question, not the second one...


I'll answer it for you anyway.
Spoiler: ShowHide
 :n00b: :V:


Anyway, you can just export the autotile, cahnge the width by 32, and import it as a character graphic to get the same result.
Title: Re: XP - Autotiles as Event Graphics
Post by: Heretic86 on May 16, 2012, 07:18:04 pm
Quote from: Blizzard on May 16, 2012, 06:33:10 pm
Nope, there's not way to set an autotile. The reason is mostly because the engine wouldn't know which variant of the autotile should be displayed.

Also OMG YOU'RE BACK.


I havent been gone that long.  Mostly just lurking, and trying to help out here and there when I can.  Been busy with Political crap and trying to make good things happen for everyone.

I did see you got noticed by Enterbrain in that Newsletter thread!  You've definitely earned their recognition, not only in your superior ability to script, but with the positive supportive attitude to everyone!  Those are the qualities that make you a true leader in the community!

Anywho, back to the Autotiles.  

<- is a :n00b:   :P

Kind of a bummer.  I can understand why they wouldnt work with Animated Autotiles.  Ah well, guess I'll just have to follow Boba Fett's suggestion.