Chaos Project

General => Electronic and Computer Section => Topic started by: Blizzard on May 19, 2012, 06:15:38 am

Title: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: Blizzard on May 19, 2012, 06:15:38 am
Incredible, but after half an hour of searching around, I'm back at square one. How do you remove audio from a video you have uploaded on Youtube? They only have that stupid audioswap thing. I don't want that, I just want to remove the audio completely. I've searched through their whole page and couldn't find any instructions on how to do this. I've also tried the video editor and all I can do is just swap the audio. :/ Does anybody know how to do this?
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: G_G on May 19, 2012, 09:26:44 am
After doing my own search, your only options are to audioswap or re-upload the video. :\
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: stripe103 on May 19, 2012, 05:20:42 pm
Record silence.
Swap.
???
Profit!

:)
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: G_G on May 19, 2012, 05:32:36 pm
You can only audio swap with what Youtube has to offer.
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: Blizzard on May 19, 2012, 06:10:54 pm
And I can't download the file either, I'm not having the option available on that video.
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: G_G on May 19, 2012, 06:19:32 pm
Not sure if you're up to it, but this is the tool I use to download Youtube Videos. It also provides a ton of conversion options.
http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: stripe103 on May 20, 2012, 03:19:38 am
There is a free Opera extension that adds a download button under the video called ExtendTube I think it was.
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: MarkHest on May 20, 2012, 04:17:41 pm
I am using this one to download youtube videos:
http://download.cnet.com/YouTube-Downloader/3000-2071_4-10647340.html

It's really really really easy to use ^^
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: Blizzard on May 20, 2012, 04:54:44 pm
You don't get it. I can't download the original video. I don't have the original anymore. I mean what would I ever need the original for anyway? Editing? Well, turns out that youtube is an asshole, so the answer is yes.
Title: Re: Remove audio from Youtube video
Post by: G_G on May 22, 2012, 06:07:50 pm
I don't get it. Obviously you have a Youtube video you need to edit. That's why you use a 3rd party downloaded so you can remove the audio yourself and re-upload it. Unless Youtube blocked your video due to copyright shit, in that case, you audioswap it, download it with a 3rd party tool, edit, and re-upload. That's really your only option if you need to remove the audio.