Chaos Project

RPG Maker => RPG Maker Scripts => Script Requests => Topic started by: AJNR95 on May 27, 2012, 10:14:30 pm

Title: [RMVX Ace] Custom/Individual "Attack" Formulas
Post by: AJNR95 on May 27, 2012, 10:14:30 pm
Script Type:
Battle System Add-On, Add-On


Scripts in use:
    Current Scripts in chronological order
  • Yanfly's "Ace Core Engine" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-core-engine/)
  • Yanfly's "Ace Battle Engine" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/ace-battle-engine/)
  • "Classical Active Time Battle" (http://yamiworld.wordpress.com/rgss3/battle-scripts/yeas-add-on/ysa-battle-system-classical-active-time-battle/)
  • Yanfly's "Enemy HP Bars" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/ace-battle-engine/enemy-hp-bars/)
  • Yanfly's "Skill Menu" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/ace-skill-menu/)
  • Yanfly's "Message System" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/core-scripts/ace-message-system/)
  • Yanfly's "System Options" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/system-options/)
  • Yanfly's "Steal Item" ** (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/steal-item/)
  • Yanfly's "Ace Equip Engine" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/ace-equip-engine/)
  • Yanfly's "Input Combo Skills ** (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/input-combo-skills/)
  • Yanfly's "Element Popups" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/ace-battle-engine/element-popups/)
  • Yanfly's "Skill Restrictions" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/gameplay-scripts/skill-restrictions/)
  • Yanfly's "Element Reflect" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/battle-scripts/element-reflect/)
  • Yanfly's "Base Troop Events" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/utility-scripts/base-troop-events/)
  • Yanfly's "Ace Shop Options" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/ace-shop-options)
  • Yanfly's "Ace Status Menu" (http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/menu-scripts/ace-status-menu/)

Scripts marked with ** (http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/140953_o.gif) are scripts within the project, but not in use and not edited into the game


Script Description:
I would like the script to function with states and weapons that enable a specific damage
formula that overwrite the "Attack" Skill that is used as the game's "Attack" action.
Two examples would be:


A Mage equips a Wand that inflicts Magical Damage.
The ID, Weapon Type, or Element can correspond with the script to change the battler's damage formula.
This can cause the Mage's damage output formula change from this to that:
Default Formula(a.atk * 2) - (b.def * 0.5) --> New Formula(a.mat * 2) - (b.mdf * 0.5)

A Rogue casts a state to deal damage based on Agilty and ignore 20% of Enemy's Armor
This can cause the Rogue's damage output formula change from this to that:
Default Formula(a.atk * 2) - (b.def * 0.5) --> New Formula(a.agi * 2) - (b.def * 0.3)

Now, I can image that the script would require an id to recognize, and then process it into the entered damage formula.
Let's say the Mage's Wand ID is 037. So I'm guessing it would look like this.


CUSTOM_DAMAGE ={
# Weapon ID => ["Damage Formula"],
37 => ["(a.mat * 2) - (b.mdf * 0.5)"],
}




I don't comprehend the RGSS3 Script as much as the RGSS and RGSS2 Scripts, but I know enough to edit user friendly sections.
However, I don't know the method of creating this script, it is fine to be able to process it via Skill's ID, State's ID, Element's ID, Weapon's ID
and/or Weapon Type's ID. I know that each will have their own section if more than one is valid for use.



If my request is inaccurate or not understandable, tell me so I can fix that.
Thank you.