Chaos Project

Community => Welcome! => Topic started by: zottel89 on June 03, 2012, 05:29:34 pm

Title: Hello there :)
Post by: zottel89 on June 03, 2012, 05:29:34 pm
Hey there, dear Chaos Project community :)

I'm Timo aka Zottel (a german word for someone who has kinda "chaotic" hair),
almost 23 years old and I'm from Cologne, Germany (duh^^).

I joined these forums because I purchased the RPG Maker XP recently and
the german forums are pretty bad (the core of the community here is pretty much dead
except for some professionals who appear to be very ... unfriendly >_>).

Anyway, I hope I'll get along well with you guys, I'm actually a very nice and friendly guy
who likes to play guitar and bass in his free-time and to visit the occasional metal concert/festival.  :)

Well, as for the rest of my hobbies...  I like video games, of course, spending time with my beloved girlfriend,
playing billard with friends (and smoking waterpipe^^) ... that should be about it.

Oh yeah, if you can't understand a single word I'm saying, than it's
probably because I'm trying too hard to sound like some sort of native speaker,
even though my english is bad as hell  :^_^':

Cheers !
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Blizzard on June 03, 2012, 05:34:56 pm
:welcome:
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: winkio on June 03, 2012, 05:42:19 pm
Welcome to Chaos Project :)
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Lobstrosity on June 04, 2012, 04:28:28 am
Welcome to Chaos Project, my good sir.
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: MarkHest on June 04, 2012, 01:52:07 pm
Oh! Another member to force playing my gam--
eh. err... i meant.. WELCOME TO CP! :D
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Landith on June 04, 2012, 02:13:44 pm
 :welcome: to CP!
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: SBR* on June 04, 2012, 02:53:39 pm
Welcome to CP :).
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Subsonic_Noise on June 04, 2012, 05:51:03 pm
Greetings, fellow german.
Lass uns zusammenhangslose deutsche Sachen sagen um die anderen Foren-Mitglieder auszugrenzen.
Gott rasiere die Königin.
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Ryex on June 04, 2012, 07:30:47 pm
Welcome to Chaos
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Blizzard on June 05, 2012, 02:40:48 am
Da müsst ihr euch aber mehr Mühe geben, weil es hier Leute gibt, die auch Deutsch können. :P
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: zottel89 on June 09, 2012, 07:38:18 am
Hey cool, hätte ja nicht gedacht, dass ich hier noch mehr Deutsche antreffe
(oder Leute, die Deutsch sprechen, um genau zu sein) :)

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys !
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Blizzard on June 09, 2012, 07:39:22 am
Exactly, I'm not native German. German is only my second language. ._.
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Spoofus on June 09, 2012, 12:15:49 pm
 :facepalm: Wow his english is way better than mine, and it is my native language....now that is just sad.(on my part)

any who Velcome!(<--awful german pronunciation of a W :) )
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: zottel89 on June 09, 2012, 12:30:49 pm
Wow, I'm flattered... thank you  :^_^':

The thing is:   My father already had a computer when I was pretty young and
the Operating System was Windows 95.... english version  :-o

So I started to try some things out and "analyzed" the results...
and realized "Hey, 'Pictures" seems to mean 'Bilder', 'Folder' is an 'Ordner'"  .... and so on (just some examples).

I basically started to learn English at a young age without even noticing it.

Later in school I was the best english student in my class and started to watch
movies and sitcoms exclusively in english (Like "How I met your mother", "Big Bang Theory", "Scrubs" etc.),
which I still do ( especially "Dexter" and "The Walking Dead"... god, I love those two :D ).

... so yeah, I got an idea of the right pronounciation and went to Britain for a year.
Of course, their english is pretty different from american english, but still... it helped me alot ^^


Still, the reason why I said "my english is bad as hell" (starting post) is...
I think way too much about the things I say, they don't really come "naturally", yet.

A post in some random german forum takes me about 20 seconds, an average post
here is something that takes me about five minutes (and a few 'edits' afterwards :D ) ...

Oh well, I'm still trying my best, I'm glad it's being appreciated, thanks :)
Title: Re: Hello there :)
Post by: Blizzard on June 09, 2012, 05:22:22 pm
Don't worry about the editing thing, it was the same with me. But I didn't pay so much attention to it. Just keep posting and you will notice how your English will improve in time.